Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Purcell family is on the move...

Let's see if you can guess...


What is 45 miles away from San Francisco?


What is 45 miles away from Sacramento?



What is 20 miles away from Napa Valley?




Travis Air Force Base

We found out a few weeks ago that Jason received orders to Travis AFB so we are moving!

Jason called me at 4:30 am and told me to get a drink of water so I could wake up because he had received his orders and he was about to tell me our soon to be home for the next 4 years. Needless to say that was a very early morning for me because I was not able to go to sleep after that news! I spent the wee hours of the morning researching the area...looking at houses, places to visit, things to do, etc.
Jason will be working with C-17's and is excited about the job.

This is definitely a bittersweet time for us because moving to California will put us further away from our family and we will have to leave behind some of the best friends in Arkansas along with a wonderful life giving church. I also have to leave one the best boss anyone could ask for. On the flip side we are really excited about what God has planned for us out in California and we know He is preparing a place for us there as well. We will be close to so many great vacation opportunities and plan to take full advantage of that. Also...Southwest flies to both Sacramento and San Francisco...we LUV Southwest!
As of right now it looks like we will be making our cross-country trek in February / March so that means we have a lot to do between now and then...like sell a house in this crazy market...woohoo! Who would have thought our little Riley would be a Cali girl...I think she will love it out there too!

2 comments:

Lori said...

How exciting!!:) We'll be praying for y'all as you make the transition!

Unknown said...

How fun! Sacramento is my hometown -- you're gonna love it in California. SO much to see!

My Dad still lives there so if Tyler and I fly out to visit him we'll have to make the trek down to see you and the Camerons. Congrats!!