Monday, October 27, 2008

Naked Baby Pics

Who doesn't love naked baby pics?

We had a great weekend with not too much to do and that was a nice break for me since we have been on the move and traveling A LOT! We leave for our next trip to Texas this Thursday so I took advantage of the downtime to unpack from our last trip, do laundry, and get ready for the next trip. I also crafted as you can see from my previous post and spent some great time with Riley. Saturday evening Megan and Dave came over to hang out and we cooked a great meal (pesto shrimp pasta with bread and salad and pumpkin crunch for dessert)...it was lots of fun and yummy! After I gave Riley a bath she was being super fussy because now that she can move she doesn't particularly like to lay down and after a bath she has to lay down for a while while I lather her up with lotion, clean her ears, cut her nails, and all that good stuff. She rolled away before I got her jammies on and as she turned the corned to find Megan and Dave she was grinning from ear to ear!


She is definitely grasping her new found talent of being mobile. She is getting into a lot more things and a lot of them are not appropriate "toys" for her so she is also grasping the idea that she doesn't like it when things are taken away from her. We have had several meltdowns this weekend and that's definitely new for her...and for me! I am assuming this is just a transition into her learning lots of hard lessons...like there are certain things she can't and shouldn't be playing with...or that she can't always have the freedom to crawl around...or that she has to get strapped in her carseat when she's in the car! Jason got to see her meltdown Sunday morning when we were skyping because she kept wanting to type on the laptop and I kept saying "no" and moving her away from it...she was not happy! She tends to get over things quickly but her initial reaction has lots of emotion with it! Here's a shot of her momma consoling her...I can't even remember what devastating event happened before this picture but is must have been bad!


She is just so cute to watch...she has now mastered the art of pulling up on her own and today I just stared at her as she would pull up and be holding onto our ottoman with both hands. She was helping me do laundry and had one of her washcloths that she was "folding" and she would intentionally drop it on the floor and then balance with just one hand on the ottoman and bend down and pick up the washcloth...she would do this over and over. I watched her the first time she did this and it was if she was testing herself because she wobbled and wobbled as she struggled to bend down without falling over but she accomplished it just fine and I guess she has learned the lesson that practice makes perfect! She is also cutting her top two teeth...she hasn't been too fussy at all...can't wait to see how that smile changes with her front teeth showing!

Here she is deep in play...

And yes...that is drool in the pic...love it!

Thanks Megan for more great memories!

2 comments:

Meg said...

I believe you took away the piece of paper she was chewing on. Oh the horrors of the world!

Carly Rodriguez said...

Love the pics...I'm always a sucker for black and white, sepia or anything in between.