Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Sweet Riley

We are slightly over half way through Jason's deployment and are hoping these last few weeks go quickly. I am so in love with my little girl and am so thankful for the company she has been to me during this time. One might assume that having your spouse deployed and a 10 month old to care for all by yourself would be a daunting task, but I wouldn't trade anything. In the moments where missing Jason gets overwhelming I have this little light of joy to hug on and just watch as she learns new things each and every day. We are best buds these days...cuddling in the morning...rubbing noses before I leave for work...sharing such joy when we are reunited at the end of the day...eating dinner together...playing in the evenings...cuddling before bed. I can only hope and pray that we share this closeness throughout the future years.

I can't wait for Jason to get to have these moments with her again. When she was really little he would spend lots of time with her in the wee hours of the morning while I got a little sleep...he would dart out of bed the moment she made a peep because he looked forward to that time...just a Daddy and his little girl...there's nothing more precious! Skype has been a true blessing to our family and Jason grins from ear to ear each time we get to see him...Riley seems to understand what we are doing as of late because she gets excited and has a little performance she puts on for him to show him all of her new tricks.

Riley...you are a pure joy and your Daddy and I love you more than you will ever know...thank you for your sweet spirit and life giving grins!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

She is so darling! I love that hat in the first picture. Precious!