Friday, October 31, 2008

Here comes the bride...

My best friend Jen is getting married tomorrow...I am so happy for her and so glad to be able to share this special day with her...she is going to be a beautiful bride!
Here's the happy couple...Dallas and Jen

Wednesday night I packed up the Tahoe with two dogs, two dog crates, stroller, pack 'n play, suitcase, Riley, and me and we headed to Jason's parents house to spend the night...they are watching the pups while we are gone and Frank was nice enough to take us to the airport at the crack of dawn Thursday! I am definitely WORN OUT from all the traveling we have done although it is all worth it in the end...just a lot to do by myself! With all the packing I managed to forget my make up...don't worry I will not be posting pics of myself without make up on...I have found a resolution to my problem! I knew something would be left behind...it was just bound to happen! On top of all the frantic running around Riley has been battling HORRIBLE allergies all week...I just might have to get this little girl tested to find out exactly what she is allergic to. Her eyes have been all gunky and completely purple underneath and on her eyelids...called allergic shiners apparently. When she is inside her eyes start to clear up but as soon as that little cutie hits the outdoors something in the air doesn't agree with her body. I feel helpless...I am giving her allergy meds and trying to keep her cleaned up but I can't make the allergies go away and they are bothering her even down here in San Antonio...I believe ragweed and mold are her culprits and Little Rock is the 5th worst city to live in if you have allergies...hopefully California will give her some relief. Despite all of her allergy symptoms she has not made a big fuss about anything...she's still her sweet little self...what a trooper!

Now onto the fun wedding events...Thursday was the bridesmaid luncheon at Los Patios...it was a perfect day for lunch on the patio and I forgot just how pretty was there...the food was great and we had a wonderful time!
Today the girls (me, my mom, and Riley) spent the day shopping at La Cantera and it was a lot of fun! Once again...great weather! Riley napped while my mom and I totally fell for gimmicks at Macy's...if you spent $50 you would get $10 off your next purchase and we just kept shopping...we were total victims of their marketing ploy!


Tonight was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner...I think everyone is ready to go for the big day! The dinner was at El Chaparral...a great Mexican food restaurant in Helotes and we ate on the back patio...it was very picturesque!
Shannon, Jen, and Me

While I was "rehearsing" and gourging myself, Riley spent the evening with Grammie and JoePa at the Rissman house...she helped hand out candy to the trick or treaters...she had a great time!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Yea for Jen! I'm so happy for her. It's really cool that you guys have stayed so close all these years. Have fun!!