Friday, October 17, 2008

10 Months Old...

10 months...Riley has had a lot of milestones hit in the last month and they have been so fun to watch! Jason has gotten to experience all of them too via video on the blog and her performances for him on Skype...here's what Riley is up to...

  • Still a great sleeper...she can now pull up on the crib and if I go to check on her too soon I walk into find my cutie patootie pulling up just enough to see her little face with a huge grin behind her binky...I'm busted when that happens because she knows she has gotten me with her absolute cuteness...I give her a kiss and tell her goodnight and she often gets a little upset after that but eventually makes her way to slumber!
  • Her newest trick is making Indian noises...here's a video to prove it. It made Jason's day last week when he did it first and she saw him and followed suit...no doubt she's making a connection with her Daddy!

  • CRAWLING...oh my goodness how things have changed! She had a little tummy ache this past week and I kept her home for one day...that is when I realized just how different life is with her moving. It's so fun to see her face light up when she realized she's finally accomplished this task that she's been working on for several months. Sometimes she just giggles as she crawls...it's priceless! She's almost got pulling up on her own, but not quite yet...I'm sure that will be old news for the 11 month old post!
  • Getting even better at walking when I hold her hands and often she prefers to do that than crawl...I think she just loves the view from up there rather than being on the floor. If she's walking and I go to sit her down she sometimes completely resists with the back arching stunt...then we have a mini breakdown on the floor but she gets over it pretty quickly!
  • She's a talker...she just always has a lot to say. She started saying "Da-Deee" and she emphasizes the two syllables with extreme passion! She is close to "Doggy" and says the same attempt at it with every dog she sees so I know she has made the connection!
  • She is now totally on solid foods at home and Monday she will start solid foods at "school!" She has done great and it's so fun to watch her focus on picking up her food with her thumb and pointer finger. Some things are still hard to pick up but she tries and she's done great. It's fun because now me and Riley can share a meal! She is also totally on sippy cups and doesn't miss the bottle at all...what a big girl!

As much as she's accomplished this past month she's still our little baby! We are halfway through the journey of having our family back together under one roof...YEAH! This past Tuesday marked the halfway point and we are all so excited!!!

Riley and I are out the door to fly to the great state of Texas! Whoop!

1 comments:

Funfor5andunder said...

I'm curious as to what kinds of food she is eating? Also, is she drinking formula in sippy cups or has she already transitioned to milk?