Thursday, December 22, 2011

Riley's School Christmas Program

 I love that Riley's school has a Christmas program...this was her first year to have anything like this and we were looking forward to it!  She and her friends had been practicing songs and she couldn't wait for us to watch them!

Our morning started out a bit crazy...Riley was taking a shower in our bathroom and I usually help her wash.  I had the shower door open and I was standing there when all of a sudden I heard a noise and felt something on my feet.  I looked down and saw glass everywhere and quickly realized the shower door had cracked.  It was then cracking like crazy all over and glass was falling and I freaked out.  Riley had a head full of shampoo so I shoved her under the water to get her rinsed off and then grabbed her out of the shower as quickly as I could.  By this time she was screaming because I was screaming...it was just crazy.  I put her in our closet and then stepped back to try and figure out what happened.  I couldn't figure out what caused the glass to break...we didn't even touch the shower door.  The glass was continuing to crack and fall and I just had to get us out of there.  Thankfully I had already gotten myself ready before this happened so I got Riley ready in another bathroom and we were off for the day.  I have no idea how but neither of us even had a scratch or anything...total miracle!

We found someone to not only replace the glass but to clean up the huge mess it had left and by the afternoon the shower door was completely gone and there was not one piece of glass left behind.  The glass guys said this is a one in a million type thing...the glass just holds pressure and it just gave way.  So according to them this will never happen again to us..haha!  Riley was scared for quite some time after this to take showers...I don't blame the girl!

 So off we were to school...I dropped Riley off in her class and then went in the chapel to find a good seat!

Jason was having an insane week at work but he got away to make it for her program..he was literally only there for 15 minutes tops but it was so worth it!

We spotted our little reindeer right away and she gave us a wave!

 We got to listen to them sing lots of fun songs!
 She was so happy to see her Daddy!
 After the program Santa was there and all the kiddos got to see him...she was beyond excited again and told him about the "real fishtail!"
 Here's Riley and her bestie Maddy...these girls are so cute together!
 And of course there were cookies to eat after the program...I didn't monitor her cookie intake too much because I was leaving her there for the after school program because I had my doctor's appointment!
We loved the first of many Christmas programs for Miss Riley!

0 comments: