Friday, December 9, 2011

Our little ballerina...

Riley has been going to dance class since last spring and she just has a blast.  There have been a few changes in dance teachers but we just love the one she has now, Miss Lacy.  Riley has learned a lot but most importantly she just has a ball and that's all that matters!

She had her first recital and she was so excited.  She missed one week of class while we were in Las Vegas but luckily she had one class she was able to attend before the recital so she got some good practice in for their routine.  

We had to buy the outfit for the recital and honestly I wasn't too excited about it...the tutu was super cute but they had these HUGE t-shirts to wear with it and it just wasn't what I was expecting.  I got some ideas from the girls at her dance class on how to make the shirt cuter and fit better so we did the best we could!  I also put a little makeup on her as a "special treat" and of course we fixed her hair all up.  Oh my goodness she couldn't have been any cuter...our little ballerina!

 She had fun playing and dancing in the front yard before we left!
 Once we got to the recital it was it was quite chaotic...fun chaos but chaos nonetheless!  We found one of Riley's friends from class and sat with them until we figured out where she was supposed to be!
Me and my sweet girl!

The girls waited so patiently until it was their turn...and they were so cute.  And I might be biased but compared to many of the other classes I think Riley's class did the best...they got lined up and did great while they danced to Sleigh Ride!

I was trying to think of everything to make this night special for her but my preggo brain completely forgot about flowers...that's what Daddy's normally bring and since Jason couldn't be there I was planning to get her some and totally dropped the ball!  When we got there and I saw dads with flowers I felt awful...thankfully Miss Lacy brought flowers for all the girls in the class and Riley was happy as a clam!

There were quite a few performances after Riley's class but she wanted to wait through them all so she could get her medal at the end of the recital...I think this medal was the highlight of her evening!
I told her I would take her out to dinner anywhere she wanted...she picked Chik Fil A...I was thinking something little nicer but it's what my ballerina wanted so off we headed.  She chowed down on her dinner and found some super fun friends in the play place...it was a great night!  I'm sure this is the first of many recitals!

0 comments: