Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A gift for Jesus...

 With all the hoopla about presents and Santa and all that good stuff we make a very conscious effort to make sure Riley understands the true meaning of Christmas.  It was two years ago that she recited the Christmas story while taking a bath and I caught it on video...it was priceless!

This year while we were painting Christmas ornaments she decided all of a sudden that she wanted one of them to be for Jesus.  We had some ornaments that had room for a picture and she wanted one of those to be for him and she wanted to paint it green!
 We put one of her school pictures in it and wrote on the back of it.  She said "Jesus will love this ornament and he will know what I look like and he will yell down 'Riley, I got your ornament and I love it. Thank You'"
 We had painted the ornament a few weeks before we finally got it mailed off to Heaven.  She kept reminding me that we needed to send her ornament to Jesus so we did.  

She wrote on the envelope...

 Then she put our return address stamp on it.
 We put a stamp on it, sealed it up, and I made sure it was clear where this needed to go and we dropped it in the mailbox.
I love her heart for Jesus and I just love thinking of whose hands this ended up in!

Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

0 comments: