Friday, October 14, 2011

Loving Fall

 I love the time of Fall...leaves changing color, cooler weather, pumpkin EVERYTHING...just love it all!

We didn't really have cooler weather yet and while some leaves change around here it's not like in other places but I made all of that up with the amount of pumpkin things I've been baking lately.  

Another fun thing about Fall is pumpkin patches!!

We met Janel and Madelyn at Impossible Acres...this great pumpkin patch for some fun!

My pumpkin
 I've been sewing a lot lately with all the projects to get ready for Miss Tessa's arrival and I decided to sew Riley a cute shirt for Halloween...it was my first one and I learned a few lessons and it has several imperfections but all in all I love how it turned out!

Riley was ready to be done with taking pictures because she could not wait to see the animals!

Unfortunately I didn't realize that they cater to school groups during the week so we had to kill some time before they just let anyone into the petting zoo.  She was not happy about that but got to see the baby goats through the fence and that held her over!
 We decided to go to the hay maze and let's just say it was so much fun!

I would hide and jump out and got this reaction EVERY time!
 Riley and Madelyn...sweet girls
 I love this picture of her..it captures it all...the joy, the energy, the fun!
 Janel and Madelyn
 Me and my girl
 We spotted a super furry caterpillar and the girls had fun checking it out...Riley was all about touching it and trying to pick it up!
 At last it was our turn to see the animals...we started with the baby kittens and they were so cute!  This was Riley's favorite and she talked about this for days...she even named this little guy Butterscotch!
 Chit chatting with the bunny!
 Running around in the pig pen!
 Giving Kisses, the miniature horse, some love.  The sign said he was grumpy because of an injured back so I just let her pet a few times!
We never even made it to the pumpkins to pick any out before it was time to go..the girls were having too much fun with the animals and the hay maze!

I had a doctor's appointment to get to and this was the first one Riley was able to go to.  The clinic I transferred to off base is FABULOUS!  I can't say enough great things about them and the care I am receiving.  They encourage you to bring your kiddos and I knew Riley would love it!  She took her Ariel doll in with us and pretended that was her baby.  Jennifer, the midwife I saw, let her help get the doppler in the right spot to hear Tessa's heartbeat and Riley was in awe.  She asked me if it hurt because it went "boom boom boom"...so cute!  I love getting to take her with me and seeing her wrap her head around all of it...she always has great questions and they always have great toddler appropriate answers!

0 comments: