Sunday, October 2, 2011

Long straight hair!


Riley seems to live in a princess world these days..it's just her thing!

She was born with her mama's hair, thin hair but lots of it and curls!  Everyone always loves her curls and wants to touch her hair and some people even ask me if it's natural...duh!  Who would take their child to get a perm at this age and do people even get perms anymore?  Yes it's natural, and naturally she would want straight hair...just like her Mama!  That's the thing with us girls...it seems we're never happy with what we have!

I had never thought of blow drying it until about a year ago when she had her first hair cut and Christi blew it dry...on my gracious it was so cute!
I blew it dry a few times after that but it was a constant struggle...every brush stroke hurt, the dryer was too hot, and she just didn't have the patience!

Now, though, since our trip to Disneyland she has realized that if her hair is blow dried straight she looks like she has "princess hair", mainly like Aurora's!  So every now and then if we have time she asks me to make it "long and straight" and I blow dry it for her.  She is now very well behaved and very patient so it's not too big of a deal!

The thing is she looks SOOOO different when she has curly hair and straight hair...I think it makes her look older and it adds about 4 inches to the length.

One morning we blew it dry for school and she said "my friends will think I'm a new friend"...even she recognizes how different she looks!

The good thing about our hair is that it's easy to blow dry...and I just use a round brush and blow it dry and it makes these perfect curls at the end...so cute and so long!
She's just like me too in that she likes to put her hands through it when it's blow dried...she also loves to run around the house and make it "fly" meaning that it bounces off her shoulders...such a girl!

I have already warned Jason that if we end up with three girls in this house that have curly hair and prefer it straight he's going to have to learn how to blow dry some hair or we'll NEVER be anywhere on time!

She still has great curls though and I love them too!

0 comments: