Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fun at Scientopia and Real Fish Tails!

We are always looking for new fun things to do...one Wednesday my friend Jill texted me and said they were heading to Scientopia, a fun play place in Napa, to check it out.
Riley and I first took a meal to my friend Erin who just had a sweet baby boy and then we headed to the brand new Chick-Fil-A and ate lunch on the drive to Napa.  

Scientopia turned out to be a great little find...lots of fun things for the girls to do!

We started off in the smaller age room with lots of mats and soft toys for the littler kids and then we headed to the big kid room where Riley and Vanessa had a BLAST!

They had this huge castle with lots of prince and princess figurines and Riley loved playing with this!
 The girls each played their desired roles and rescued each other and had many "happily ever afters"
 I think Riley could have stayed here for hours but there was much more to do and see!
 They had an art area, a science area, a grocery store, and of course a dress up area!

Now...here's where I will divert with a little story about this girl.  It seems that she will always have a specific item she requests from Santa.  Last year she wanted "a doggy and a leash" and she got Macy, her Fur-Real pet.  This year she has specifically asked for a "real fish tail."  Let me explain and give my appreciation to Disney for this one (note the sarcasm here)!  As of late her favorite princess is Ariel and Riley wants "a real fish tail" so she can swim like a mermaid.  Obviously this has been quite the tricky thing to acquire.  She has a mermaid dress up dress but it only goes about mid calf and you can see her feet.  So I wasn't sure if a mermaid costume that would cover her feet and give the illusion that she was a mermaid would suffice or not.  She would also talk about using her "real fish tail" in the pool to "really" swim like a mermaid so I was assuming she meant much more.  Alas we were at Scientopia and she found this Ariel dress up dress and claimed it had a "real fish tail"!!!

You see how this "real fish tail" sort of covers up her feet so I was pretty relieved when I realized that a costume meeting these requirements would most likely suffice.  Jason was relieved too because when she started talking about wanting this "real fish tail" we sort of directed her to ask Santa for it but she has mentioned to Jason several times that when he comes home he needs to bring her a "real fish tail."  So...this costume she found must be an older Disney one and I couldn't find it anywhere but I did find this one and since it will completely cover her feet I think she will love it...and even better it's already wrapped and ready for her Daddy to give it to her when he comes home! :)
To top it off my friend Nicki, who knew about this crazy request for a "real fish tail", sent me a link to this mermaid swim fin the other day and it's EXACTLY what Riley is talking about so I had to get that too but I think that will be a special gift from Santa!
Back to our fun day at Scientopia...I think these two girls had fun...don't you?
After all this fun I decided to treat me and Riley to a special sweet treat...we were so close to my favorite little bakery, Sweetie Pie's, so we stopped and shared a huge Oreo cupcake...yummy!

We hit some traffic on the way home and Riley took a snooze...it was a good thing because we had to head to the Commissary to get groceries so I needed her to get a little rest so we could get through all our shopping!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the "real fish tail" request. I bet it DID throw you for a loop but you have found 2 great solutions I know she'll love. Can't wait to see the blog post(s) when she finally receives them. Luckily Cal is too young to give us such specific requests but when he's older I'm looking forward to the challenge. :)