Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas.Is.The.Best.

I just love Christmas...it's a shame that it comes and goes so quickly...all the more reason to do as much as we can to celebrate.
Friday night Jason's squadron had a kids Christmas party...games, crafts, Santa, and lots of fun stuff!
Riley played a few games...this one in particular because our friend Patti was helping with it and because the prize was a lollipop...she had to carry this ball on the spoon and she did pretty well...notice how intent her little face is!

Now for the lollipop!
Riley also got to decorate her own cookie...here she is spreading the icing!

One must always taste test! Funny thing is that she is into just licking the icing off and then she wanted to just put more icing on in order to lick it off...not too interested in the actual cookie!

She managed to get her hands on another cookie with green icing and had a dark green mouth for a while!

And after another game she got to pick out a candy cane!

We had to leave after a bit because she wanted nothing to do with Santa and she was having meltdowns over the tiniest things...these past few days have been challenging with her independence and desire to do things her way...I see the terrible two's staring me in the face.
She even had to go to the corner while we were at the party but that's just life these days!
We had a lot of fun!
Saturday we took Hank and Kadie to the kennel...Riley was rather upset about leaving them which was a reaction I didn't quite expect...it was so sad! I calmed her down by telling her that they had to go to school and then I turned on the DVD player and we were set!
I had a baby shower to attend for my good friend Ashley so M came over to babysit and it was a success..Riley went down for a nap just before she arrived and slept almost 3 hours and they were having a blast playing when I got home...Riley was rather upset about having to take M back to her house...she's so upset when anyone leaves her these days, including the dogs!
She really has a sweet spirit and loves being around people!
Last night we had our Cookie Exchange and guess what?
All that mess in the kitchen paid off because our Gingerbread Cookies won "Best Tasting Cookie"...woohoo! We chatted and ate lots of cookies and took a ton home as well. Riley was in the cookies like a crazy girl and I could not control her...they were all within her reach and it's Christmas...a girl's gotta have some cookies, right?
I managed to fit all of our cookies in one of my bags and I'm proud to say they arrived in pretty good shape!
After the Cookie Exchange it was time to get home so I could finish packing and getting ready to leave...it wasn't as late of a night as I expected but there was a lot to do.
Amanda toted us and ALL of our luggage (two huge bags, pack 'n play, car seat, backpack, and computer bag) to the airport and our trip was so easy...had NO issues at the airport and they didn't weigh my bags...score! Our flight was probably the best I've ever had with Riley...she was so good. She literally just cuddled with me the entire time...she slept about an hour and the rest of the time would not unwrap her arms from my neck...I was loving it.
As we soared above the snow covered mountains and I held my baby girl in my arms it was a great time to reflect, think of the TRUE reason for this season, and just tell God how thankful I am for the blessings in my life.
Once we landed Grammie and JoePa were anxiously waiting for us and Riley got so excited when she saw them.
First things first we did what all Texans do...stopped for Mexican food!

Here is my little Texas girl chowing down on some queso!
I had enchiladas and a margarita...need I say more?
Once we got to the lake Riley had to check out all the lights JoePa put up!

They even have an Aggie football player!

Riley and JoePa

Then we went inside and saw the pretty tree...I have been so excited to get here and see the tree since we didn't put one up at our house...it looks great!

Grammie showing Riley all the ornaments!
We then went outside to see Sadie...did I mention it was sunny and 70 degrees when we landed in Austin? Gotta love it!

She and I took a little swing!

She also found her little chair from this summer and was having so much fun playing with it!

We're so glad to be here and to celebrate Christmas with our families!
Now we just need Jason to get here!

2 comments:

Evan, Courtney, Porter & Eli said...

So cute Lauren--enjoy your time in Texas!

Didi said...

Cute pics! Glad to know that she is an icing girl. Must have gotten that from her Didi. See you guys soon!