Sunday, December 20, 2009

Birthday Girl Round One!

Well it was inevitable...my sweet baby girl turned 2!
It's official even though she has referred to herself as being 2 for the past several months if anyone asked her how old she was!
It's not that I'm not excited for her because I truly am...it's just that I want her to stop growing up so fast!
I don't even know where to begin to express my deep love for this little thang...she is such a blessing to her Daddy and I and we just can't get enough of her...even after we put her to bed we often reflect on moments of that day that we just fell more in love with her or were so tickled by her!
Happy Birthday Sweet Riley!
I'm not sure if she understood it was her birthday but she sang "Happy Birthday" all day long and I think she enjoyed the endless presents...who wouldn't?


She was certainly tickled by this Mickey Mouse card!

She had fun unwrapping presents and we had fun watching her method...she would tear one tiny piece off, wad it all up, and hand it to JoePa for the trash...one little piece at a time!


Her first present of the day was this cute piano...she can play it or it will just play music for her...a win win situation for all!


I loved watching her intently play the piano..


and then break out in a crazy dance!


After her first round of presents she got to dive into the yummy Pumpkin pancakes Grammie made her...that's my girl!

Later on in the morning Riley played with Sadie for a straight hour...putting the blanket on her and putting her to bed and even adding hair accessories to her...Sadie was such a good sport!

I thought I'd give Sadie a break and let Riley open a new present...a microphone...so we had our own little concert!


And after that there was one more big present...a tricycle from Grammie and JoePa that she can keep here to play with when we visit!

Even with an adjustable seat and pedal extenders she still can't quite reach the pedals so she needed some assistance!

Our little bike rider...she had fun helping Grammie put it all together and then riding up and down the driveway until it was time for a nap!


That evening we had her second annual red velvet cupcake to celebrate her 2nd birthday!



I iced the cupcake and did the sprinkles myself this time as to not have a super huge mess but when it came time to eat it she had total freedom!


We tried to get her birthday hat on again but she was not too thrilled about it!


Let's get on with cupcake time!


I think Riley had a great birthday and the celebrations will continue!



Friday I went to work in Austin for the day and missed my Riley so much. When I got home I pulled off my boots and this is what happened!


They are like full leggings on her...she's stylin'!



1 comments:

Didi said...

Tell Jas those boots are really "stylin" waders--she's ready now to fly fish! Cute pics; sweet pic with Sadie, too.