Thursday, October 4, 2012

Girls Day at the Zoo

 I had been feeling like I needed to take my girls on an adventure!  It seemed like we had just been doing our normal routine things and I wanted to take advantage of my days with my two girls!

When I heard the San Fran zoo was free this week for military because of Fleet Week I decided that would be a perfect outing!

My friend Jessica and her two girls, Madison and Quinn, joined us too and it was a girls day out for sure!

We all piled into her car and made the trek into the city!  The drive in was not bad and the kids were all great!

 It was finally starting to feel like fall outside but it wasn't too cold at all either!

Riley is so good with her littler friends and she just watched out for Madison the whole time and was very protective of her!

Two cuties!
 We first went to the children's zoo with the petting zoo and had some fun!  The goats and sheep were pretty entertaining.  The goats just laid there like they were drugged and the sheep kept walking right into us.  Tessa had fun checking them out and Riley had fun feeding them.  Madison was scared and just screamed when they came near her...I don't blame her! :)

Then we headed to a playground for a bit and then off to see more animals!

We saw anteaters, tigers, monkeys, a snow leopard, a huge rhinoceros, and lots of penguins!

 This zoo is just absolutely beautiful...all the trees are amazing and it sits right on the ocean!
 This is only the second time we've been...the first time was back in 2009 when we had just moved here...look how tiny Riley is! Tear Tear!
 I loved that the peacocks just roam and do their own thing all through the zoo...and they are just so pretty!
 I told the girls to pretend like they were on an adventure and look for animals...they were so cute!

 Tessa and Quinn were great...we just had one stroller so we swapped the babies between riding and carrying them and it worked out just fine!  

The ride home was not as easy as the ride in.  We ended up in horrible traffic and it took us 2 hours to get home.  Tessa had a fit as we were crossing the Golden Gate bridge and ultimately ended up passing out but oh the screaming!  Just before we got home Quinn was done and she ended our trip with screaming!  We were ready to be home and out of the car to say the least and so were the babies!  

I'm so glad we went and got away for the day...such fun memories!

0 comments: