Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A super fun surprise for Riley!

 With this TDY we didn't have an end date for when Jason would be back!  I've learned it's all about expectations when he leaves...so when I thought it would be 4 weeks and it ended up being almost 7 weeks it felt like eternity.  In the big scheme of things that's really nothing compared to most of the 4 month separations we've endured.  

We knew on Sunday things were wrapping up and he would be home soon but I still had Wednesday or Thursday in my head!  Thankfully before he left he was able to go visit my Grandma Rose who lives in Rapid City!  She is 90 and just doing great!  It worked out where we were able to skype with her so she could see the girls and it was so amazing!  I can't imagine all she's seen in her lifetime and to meet Tessa for the first time over a phone!
The sound wasn't great but Jason was able to tell her what was going on and he got a chance to have a good visit with her.  He literally worked for 45 days straight so I was so grateful he had some time off to do this.

On Monday I got an email with his itinerary that he would be home Tuesday!!!  I was so excited and we decided to surprise Riley!  

We went to the gym that morning and it was so hard getting out the door but I couldn't use "Daddy's coming home" as ammo to get her to move quicker..haha!  I told her we were going to pick up my friend Bryn from the airport and she didn't question it.

She had NO IDEA!!

When we got to the airport I totally messed up and went to the terminal we always go to...the terminal where Southwest comes in!  Jason said he was going to surprise her in baggage claim so we walked in and I was videoing and he was nowhere to be found....I wasn't sure what to do and then Riley announced she had to go potty.  So while she was taking care of business I called him and immediately realized he had flown in on Delta and we were in the completely wrong terminal....and in this airport there is no way to get to the other terminal without getting back in the car!  So I loaded the girls back up and around in circles we went to get to the other terminal and try this again!

We headed in and I turned on the video on my phone and Riley really didn't notice so she didn't question anything.  She walked up to the bottom of the escalator and proclaimed "I'm going to wait right here for Bryn".  About this time Jason came up from behind me and stood right next to her...she glanced over and saw him and just stared with this very confused look on her face!  After about 20 seconds of her cute puzzled face he said "It's Daddy" and her face lit up and she leaped into his arms and said "Daddy!!!...Yay!!!" It was precious and we totally got her!

A couple people were watching as this unfolded and offered to take a picture of all of us!

Tessa totally recognized Jason and gave him great big smiles but she wasn't sure about him holding her!  

We headed home and ate at PF Changs on our way...a great day!!!

We're so glad to have him home!

0 comments: