Sunday, August 30, 2009

I finally posted Riley's 20 month update here...
This past week has been so nice just getting back into the swing of things...we had a playdate, ran errands, met Daddy to eat, went on several bike rides, and just enjoyed time as a family!
I had a couple job-related meetings this week and came to the realization that I hadn't worn my heels in over 5 months...let's just say life in flip-flops has been great and there are a few facts that make it obvious that I wear them ALL the time:
1) I have a very distinct flip-flop tan
2) 2 of the 3 pairs that I consistently wear have broken in the past two weeks
3) When I put on my heels I felt like I was going to fall flat on my face

Riley, however had some fun playing with my heels and I think she might have walked better in them than I did!

After her thrill of walking around in my heels I thought she might have fun playing with some of my scarves and I was right...

I think we may be on the verge of some major dress up playtime!


So those of you who remember the dramatic night of parenting that I experienced back in March where I posted this story about Riley's apparent love for marshmallows fill find it hilarious that while I was cleaning up the kitchen I turned around to find this...

Caught...red handed!
Yesterday we had a special treat...in more than one way! Amanda, a long time family friend and fellow Aggie, happened to be in San Francisco visiting one of her college roommates and we got to see her and catch up! She and her girlfriends had been wine tasting in the Napa Valley all day so we met up at my favorite bakery in Napa, Sweetie Pie's, for a sweat treat! Amanda hadn't seen Riley since my first trip home with her when she was only 2 months old!!!

Riley took every opportunity to ham it up and keep everyone entertained. The fact that she and I shared a Chocolate Whoopie (two HUGE chocolate cookies with marshmallow cream sandwiched in between) aided in her furvor for life!!! She made quite the mess but had lots of fun eating her sweats and trying to feed some to Amanda too!!!We had a lip smackin' good time!!! Riley carried Amanda's purse around with her throughout the bakery, danced, and greeted all the customers! It was great to see Amanda and great to have some sweet treats!

Today Riley and I had a girls day with some friends in Walnut Creek with lunch at Cheesecake Factory and some shopping afterwards...it was so beautiful and so much fun! Here's to another week of fun!

2 comments:

BJ, Shea, Drew, and Dax said...

Riley just keeps getting cuter and cuter!!! And Lauren you look AMAZING! So glad yall are doing so well in California. I am going to be very jealous soon when I am knee deep in snow and you are still rocking a sweet tan!:)

Didi and Doc said...

Love the dresser; love the heels, love the kiddo in the heels most of all! XOXO