Thursday, August 20, 2009

5 years ago today...

I woke up to my best friend Jennifer saying "Oh my gosh...you're getting married today"...and then we screamed together with all of my bridesmaids since we all shared my last night as a single woman in a hotel room together!
I honestly can't believe it's been 5 years...time flies when you're having fun! The crazy part is that we dated for 7 years before we were married so this November will mark 12 years that we have been together...nearly half of our lifetimes!
To my manly husband...thank you for being you! I love you more than you will ever know, have such deep respect and admiration for what you do, and am so thankful that God blessed me with you. You have a great sense of humor which counteracts my ability to be way too serious about things sometimes...you have an even-keeled perspective on life and how to handle things and I truly admire that...you take great pride in your family and taking care of your girls...we love you!
Seeing that we have been together for so long we have LOTS of pictures of the two of us so I perused through our pictures and pulled out some oldies but goodies...we have so many memories together and I had so much fun looking back at all we have done!
We tackled high school together...3 proms, countless dances, our parents driving us to the movies, so many bus rides together for basketball games, and hundreds of letters passed to each other between classes...

Jason's Senior Prom / My Junior Prom
A trip with my parents to New Orleans to see the Aggies play in the Sugar Bowl...

My Senior Prom / Jason's freshman year at Texas A&M...gotta love a man in a uniform!
We had a blast in college together...football games, midnight yell, walks around campus, history class together, inter murals, some of the best times of our life!

Aggie Ring Day...whoop!
And we started our family...first with Hank...then we added Kadie...and now we have the best gift ever, Riley!
Our first Christmas together...our little family!
At Riley's dedication...
4th of July at Lake LBJ
Our most recent family pic this past April...our last night in Little Rock!

Here's to many many more years and many many more wonderful moments together...I love you Jason and Happy Anniversary!

5 comments:

Baker Family said...

I love this post! Y'all are the BEST and cutest family ever! I miss you SO much!! Have a GREAT anniversary!

Jamie said...

what great pictures! Congratulations!

The Cameron Family said...

Y'all are so cute. I am balling my eyes out after reading your post and seeing the super cute pics. Maybe it is the pregnancy hormones b/c I also cried during Project Runway this morning. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY YOU OLD FARTS!

Meg said...

Happy anniversary! It's been great seeing you guys grow together along the way. I hope you had a great one!

Didi and Doc said...

What a sweet trip down memory lane! You guys are such great kids (kids to us, that is). We love you!!! XOXO