Monday, December 8, 2008

Who knew parenting could be this fun...

Sunday night was our small group Christmas party and we had a lot of fun...we had tons of great food, a gift exchange, and great fellowship! I learned that the best tactic in a gift exchange is to let your child play with your gift...when someone tries to steal it and they make a baby cry they will immediately give the baby the gift back...haha!
If you know Riley then you know she does not like when you take something away from her...during the gift exchange I had tried to get this nice candle but after it was stolen from me I stole a Sonic giftcard from someone else...I didn't really think much of it but Riley started playing with the giftcard...when Leslie tried to steal it from us she immediately got this reaction...
Poor Leslie...she immediately handed the giftcard back to Riley and chose another gift...I guess I owe Riley and Leslie a trip to Sonic...maybe we can share a milkshake! Once Riley had the giftcard back in her hand we saw this reaction...

She knows how to work it...we are in TROUBLE!
As the party was winding down I put Riley in her jammies and put her in the carrier to get ready to go...little did I know the next 30 minutes would be so much fun! Kaleb was sitting next to Riley and Tara started playing toss with Kaleb...every time Kaleb tossed the toy back to Tara he would get so excited and scream and flail his arms and Riley would belly laugh like crazy...he was cracking her up..and the two of them were cracking all of us up...we just watched them do this over and over...here's a clip of the two cuties!


It was so neat to see them interact with each other...after all of this fun Kaleb came over and Riley just reached her arms out to him...how sweet!
I just love these babies!

0 comments: