Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Is Riley walking?

Well after many demands for Riley to wait to walk until her Daddy got home I'm afraid to say she did not wait...she took her first steps on her birthday. We were having dinner with my Bible study group and she had several moments where she would sneak one little tiny step in and we all convinced ourselves that we didn't see it, but by the end of the night she was going from sitting to standing and I could not stop the little girl! I finally faced reality and decided to capture it on video...here's Riley's first steps!


I talked to Jason later that evening as he was making his way home and I think I was more upset than he was....he was just so happy for her. I'm happy to say, however, that she has only taken one or two steps here and there since then so she is not just walking everywhere....and it is pretty cool that she took her first steps on her first birthday! She walks well with the stroller as evidenced in the previous post, but not on her own. She's still pretty wobbly.


Thanks to my Bible study ladies for sharing this special occasion with us and for having a mini party for Riley on her actual birthday!


On a side note...we have talked for over a year now about how Riley and Kaleb are boyfriend and girlfriend...well let me tell you that NO other child evokes as much happiness in Riley as Kaleb does. She just can't get enough of this little boy and is definitely pursuing him so we're going to have to have a talk about this. She just smiles and laughs at everything he does...they are so fun to watch together!

0 comments: