Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Riley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our little girl turns 1 today!
Here she is in her little birthday outfit!
Riley...you have been a true blessing this year...from the moment we knew you were going to enter this world to the day you were born to this your first birthday words can't express how blessed we feel to be your parents. You have been such a happy little girl since your grand debut and you have a smile that melts everyone's heart. We love you more than you will ever know and thank God for each moment we get to spend with you...we hope you have a special day!
I have to admit that I am a little emotional with Riley turning 1...it just seems like it has happened way too fast. Each day she gets older and learns something new...with that means there is more fun to be had and we can't wait to see all that she learns and accomplishes in this next year of her life.
I remember December 17, 2007 just like it was yesterday and it was such a GREAT day...I would go back and do it all over again if I could...here's the video Jason took the day Riley was born...I had fun reliving that special day!
We are not doing too much celebrating today because we are waiting for Daddy to come home but I did make some cupcakes to take to Riley's class today...how fun!

We will do lots of celebrating when Jason gets home in just a few days!

Here's what Riley is up to at 1 year old:

  • Sleeping like CRAZY...I think she must be going through a growth spurt because she is sleeping a consistent 12 hours and 3 hours worth of naps during the day!
  • Eating like CRAZY...again I'm thinking growth spurt...she has had several days where I wonder if a baby can overeat...geez! I have fun coming up with what to feed her and she has yet to turn away ANY food!
  • Almost walking...oh my goodness she is so close and I am just praying that she waits to take those first steps until her Daddy gets home...she pulls up and walks anywhere she can while still holding onto something...she has had several long moments of standing all by herself but has yet to take that first step...just wait a few more days baby!
  • Talking ALL the time...she's a girl what can I say? She has a lot to say and she's not afraid to say it...it's funny because she's already learned the trick that when mommy is on the phone she definitely needs to start talking and REALLY loud...ha!
  • She loves when I sing songs with her...she smiles, claps, and dances...I would think my singing would cause severe crying but I guess she's my biggest fan...she moved up classes at school just this week and they focus on certain songs each week so we're singing lots of secular Christmas songs and she LOVES them
  • Riley is going through a phase where she HATES baths...can't quite figure out what happened but she screams the moment I start to put her in the bath...I think the biggest issue is that she wants to stand in the bathtub and me being a mean mom won't let her...so I end up laying her down and giving her the quickest bath possible to get the screaming to stop...I have tried everything...the tactic that works best is singing to her...I'm hoping her Daddy can bring back her love for baths as that has always been his time with her so I'm handing that back over the moment he gets home!
  • Riley is playing peek-a-boo and learning where her belly button, nose, and ears are...she has the cutest giggle when you poke her belly button...it's addicting!
  • Riley is learning tough life lessons like not everything is a toy for her...she hears the word "no" quite often but I'm not quite sure she gets it...sometimes she laughs and tries again and sometimes she bawls with deep emotional hurt and other times she just gets angry and has a temper tantrum...it's a learning process for all involved!
  • Riley now has 5 teeth...I have to say she has had a pretty easy time getting teeth...boy am I thankful for that!
Here she is venturing to her favorite spot behind her basket of books tucked away in a corner!

Yesterday Riley and I were "iced" in and got to spend the whole day together...we had a lot of fun and played LOTS...the best part was getting to nap together...we haven't done that in a long time and it was the best...we love you baby girl and are so excited for you!

5 comments:

Ali said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Riley! Even though I've only watched you grow from this blog, I can't believe you are already ONE!! Save those first steps for when your daddy gets home!!

Meg said...

Happy Day Riley! We love you so much and we're so happy we got to spend the first year of your life with you! We can't wait to watch you grow into an even more beautiful girl! Love. Meg and Dave

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Riley! I can't believe your already 1 year old. I hope you have a great day. Enjoy your reunion with your Daddy! We will see you next Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Jan and Diane said...
Happy birthday baby Riley! We can't believe how fast this year has gone and how much you have grown. We love having you visit us in San Antonio so come back and see us again sometime soon.

Your birthday pictures are so cute, it's almost like being there and hearing your laughter.

Have a great day and stay safe until your daddy gets home. Much love, great uncle Jan and Diane

Amy said...

Happy birthday!