Wednesday, December 3, 2008

More Thanksgiving fun...

After all the turkey eating there was still much fun to be had...the boys headed out the evening of Thanksgiving to go hunting so Friday was a girls day!

Riley and I started out Friday morning with her first attempt at playing with crayons...I would say it was semi-successful. She figured out how to hold them and with mommy's help she did a little drawing but she seemed to be more intrigued by seeing if the different colors had different flavors...yikes! I tried to keep her binky in her mouth to keep the crayons out but she would intentionally spit it out and insert the crayon...that was the end of that...for now!

All the girls met up for a yummy lunch and some shopping...we found some great deals at Ann Taylor Loft...one of my favorite stores! When we arrived at the restaurant for lunch I knew Riley was hungry and sleepy so I immediately ordered a PB&J sandwich for her...her first! Riley loved it and ate it all up...but she started falling asleep mid lunch...it was the most hilarious thing ever...but I felt bad for her too...all of a sudden she started leaning back in her seat and her eyes were closed...I was sure food was still in her mouth so I called her name and patted her to wake her up and she could barely keep her eyes open yet she would take another bite of her sandwich...this girl was determined to eat...she continued in this manner until all of her sandwich was gone and she finally gave in to total slumber...my sweet girl!

Here's the whole gang...notice Riley passed out in the stroller...she took a good nap while we shopped!
Friday evening we enjoyed family time with everyone...ate some pizza and calzones...and Riley had fun motoring in the same circle through the living room and laundry room...sometimes with her DiDi holding her hands and sometimes she just crawled...either way she was moving...ALL.THE.TIME.
Here's Riley playing with Grandpa Joe...she was serenaded by him on many occasions and he even taught her some of his great dance moves!

Gotta love that smile...and check out those teeth!


On Saturday the gang started leaving town...the rest of us enjoyed a great dinner at Pappasito's...a treat since we don't have one in Little Rock...awesome cheese dip, chicken and rice soup and most importantly margaritas!

Here's Aunt Michelle enticing Riley with a martini...she's too young for that...maybe in 20 years!

Sunday we got to see and talk to Jason in the morning, enjoy a yummy lunch at Willy's, and then Riley and I were off to the airport...we spent a lot of time playing at the windows while we had some weather delays!

So did I mention how easy and stress-free our trip out to Atlanta was? Well, I should have known that we would get our fair share of "crap" on the way home! We had weather delays which was not a big deal at all, but when it was time to board the plane here's a brief synopsis of our experience...

  • Delta gate agent looks at me with stroller in tow and tells me I am going to have to find a way to make it down two flights of stairs b/c the gate we were at boarded from the ground outside...ha! I obviously told her very firmly that I would not be able to take the stroller down 2 flights of stairs without assistance at which point she told me to step aside and she would SEE if she could find someone to help me
  • After everyone else boarded she realized I was still standing there and found someone to take me to the elevator 5 gates down
  • We take the elevator and the "competent" delta assistant takes us to the wrong plane...a plane going to Tulsa!
  • Luckily we figured out we were at the wrong plane before I had taken Riley out of her carrier and we started heading to the correct plane
  • When I round the corner I see our plane...the door is closed...the maintenance dude is pulling the stairs away...you have got to be kidding me!
  • I yell at him and tell him that I have a seat on that plane and he is very nice and opens up the plane door and helps me get the stroller taken care of
  • I board the plane and find someone in my seat...and there are NO seats left...but I have a ticket...so we wait 20 minutes for them to figure out who to kick off the plane
  • My assumption is that when "friendly" gate agent told me to step aside she never checked me in and while "competent" assistant took me to the wrong plane my seat was filled with a standby passenger...gotta love that!

There ya go...another travel fiasco...good thing I travel with a baby because she's the only reason things work out and she was so good through the entire ordeal. The best thing about the whole situation was to see random strangers be so kind. I had people offering to help me get the stroller down the 2 flights of stairs and I had several gentlemen offer their seat on the plane...after everything was situated I was seated next to a very nice lady who helped me entertain Riley...behind us was a grandpa who played peek-a-boo with Riley the whole way and a few rows in front of us was a young girl who sang and played with Riley the whole way as well...it all turned out well and we were only home 2 hours later than planned...safe and sound. I just don't understand how people can be so incompetent...especially in the midst of possibly not having a job! Last time it was United...this time it was Delta...this is why I LUV Southwest!

That was our Thanksgiving and we had a great time with all of our family! Now it is time to get all kinds of things done before Jason comes home...just 2.5 weeks! We are excited about a visit from Grammie and JoePa this weekend and Kaleb's first birthday party!

0 comments: