Monday, September 15, 2008

Technology? What?

Well it's funny how God has a way of taking all control away from a control freak...that is myself that I am referring to. I find it hilarious to look back at my last blog title "Thank God for Technology" and realize that the very next morning I received an e-mail from Jason that starts off with "the laptop took a dump." Ha! Well the laptop took a slight fall and the screen no longer works...it's in the process of being shipped back to the US for some fixin' up...Jason will be at least 6 weeks without it, but we will survive. Thankfully most of our communication is done through his work computer so we have still been able to e-mail and chat and web cam. Last night Riley waved to Jason, blew kisses for him, and talked up a storm...it made his day!

This was the night Riley first blew me a kiss...right in the middle of dinner...and resulting in food all over her face...it was so cute!


Now that Jason has a camera he has been sending me pics of his surroundings...how beautiful and lush they are...hehe! Here are some pics of where he lives over there...

Little Rock East...that's hilarious!
Looks like a maze to me

The sandbags are to protect from shrapnel from rocket and mortar attacks


I miss that smile!

These are the bathroom and shower facilities

Here are some pics of Jason at work and of the sandstorm they have been enduring the past two days. He said you have to use windshield wipers for the dust just like you do rain...that's hard to comprehend. They haven't been able to fly for the past two days because as you can see visibility is clearly an issue!

So there are actually trees...that was my first comment when I saw this photo. They don't look very lush but nevertheless they are trees!


Here Jason is at work...18 pounds lighter too! He looks so good. We appreciate all of the prayers and thoughts for him as well as for Riley and I...we are very thankful for each and every one of you. We are one hour away from marking off week 5...14 more to go!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to my sweet baby girl! You are growing up too fast.
Love, Grammie

Becky said...

Eightenn pounds in only a few weeks! I think PF Changs should be in order when he returns (or any Chinese buffet really)! : )

Nicole said...

Hi Lauren! You and Riley are doing so great! I love reading about her. I know she's helping you during this time apart from Jason go by more quickly. You guys are in my prayers!