Thursday, September 25, 2008

Boston...what fun!

I just got home tonight from a whirlwind trip to Boston and how fun it was. I have never been to Boston and don't know when I'll get the opportunity to go back but it truly is a beautiful city and I would love to spend more time there. My purpose for travel was an all expense paid trip to a symposium hosted by Grubb and Ellis...a commercial real estate firm whose Healthcare REIT we use often. It was a good conference to learn more about the company, the economy, and how health care is a viable option for a REIT investment. We had several economists speak which was very interesting given the current state of the economy and we even heard from a gentleman on John McCain's campaign finance committee who is headed to D.C. tomorrow to speak with several Congressmen regarding the bailout...lots to learn from these folks.



I had a great seat on the plane as this was my view of the city when we were landing...




I stayed at the Westin Copley Place and this was the view from my room on the 20th floor...

I had 2 hours yesterday afternoon before our dinner to hit the streets of Boston...let me tell you this city girl has been trapped in Arkansas way too long! I LOVE big cities...the hustle and bustle, the buildings, so much to do...just LOVE them! I asked the concierge where to go and she directed me to the Public Gardens which were beautiful...there were musicians playing, swans swimming, moms jogging, students studying, just a whole lot going on.


On my way to the gardens I noticed there was lots of shopping so I stopped a few places on my way back. I was advised to venture into this store called Filine's Basement which has brand name clothing at a GREAT discount. It was fabulous. I picked up a little something for Jason, Riley, and myself!


I also stopped here for a quick lesson...supposed to be good exercise right?

There is so much history in Boston and the buildings are all so old and beautiful...

Despite all of the fun I had I did miss my little Riley soooooooo much. She stayed at DiDi and PaPa's house and they had lots of fun too. When I got home tonight we all watched the DVD Jason sent of him reading stories to Riley...here she is watching her Daddy read to her...so sweet!

And I have been bad about adding the new arrivals to the Baby Bunch...Deacon arrived almost 5 weeks ago already, Caroline arrived Tuesday, and Stella arrived this evening...welcome sweet babies!

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like such a neat trip! Your pictures are great, but with your scrapbooking background, I'm not surprised. ;)