Monday, September 22, 2008

Showering Jen...

Jen is my best friend from high school...actually we go MUCH further back. We went to school together from the first grade on...she took a little detour to Baylor, but realized A&M was the best school ever and ended up converting before it was too late so we were able to live together in college as well! She's my other red head! She was my maid of honor and now I get to be her matron...how fun! She is also going to be a military wife...I never imagined that! She is marrying Dallas who is in the Marine Corps and they will be starting out their married life in Virginia...I might have to go visit!

To celebrate the impending nuptials my mom and I hosted a shower for Jen this past weekend in San Antonio...on the patio at La Hacienda de Los Barrios. This restaurant has some sentimental meaning as well because the original Los Barrios is where I used to sneak out of Sunday School to join Jennifer's family for breakfast every Sunday during high school...good times and good food! The weather was gorgeous and we had a great time catching up with all of the Lutheran High School girls...it's like old times when we all get together! We had enchiladas and cupcakes...yummy!

The decor...



The whole gang...


Next event...Bachelorette Party in College Station...can't wait!

1 comments:

crystal said...

Lauren, I grew up with a red-head and married a red-head too! You will have to let me know when you are in College Station. I would love to at least come and say hi to you!