Monday, September 22, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I think I title each post on a trip back to Texas the same way...ha! It is always so good to be home and I have to mention that flying was a BREEZE this time...thanks Southwest...we LUV you! On our flight to San Antonio we coincidentally got to ride with Megan and Dave...what fun! Riley was somewhat partial to Dave which caused some tension, but we all got over it! I really think with the absence of Jason she really clings to men these days...she's just a huge flirt and takes to men in a different way than she does with women...who knows. All I know is I told Jason he is going to have to have a talk with her when he gets home about all of this flirting she is doing! On our flights home she didn't have Dave to woo at so she would find a man and he might be three rows back but she would find him and just grin at him...it was so cute! She's a riot!We made a three day weekend out of this trip and spent Friday eating at our fav Alamo Cafe and doing a little shopping and errand running before the shower. Here's some pics of Riley with Grammy and JoePa who were thrilled to have their two girls in town for the weekend!

Friday evening we got to spend some time with Uncle Jan and Aunt Diane and Riley came as close to crawling as she has so far...we tried everything to entice her but she bailed at the very last moment...in due time she will be a mobile little girl! I better get ready!



We also spent time with Jason's Aunt Maria as she had us over for a wonderful dinner...what a fun time and what a great hostess she was! Thanks Maria!



Saturday we "showered" and then we headed off to the lake. Unfortunately I did not feel that well most of the weekend starting Saturday morning, but it didn't ruin my trip by any means. I took a nap Saturday afternoon in the car and then again later on the couch, enjoyed the sunset on the dock and a wonderful meal cooked by my parents. They even kept Riley in their room so I could sleep in on Sunday...I only slept until 8:30 but it was still wonderful and this is what I came downstairs to find Sunday morning...

We took a nice boat ride and look who drove...

1 comments:

Lori said...

"Uncle D" would be so proud of the cutie in a hat...you know how he LOVES hats! She's quite a catch: beautiful, loves hats, AND an expert boat driver! All at the age of 9 months...wow! We miss you guys!