Monday, September 1, 2008

Riley Riley Riley

Despite all of the hard times that this past week brought...we are now one week closer to having Jason home! 16 weeks to go! Yeah! We have gotten to Skype with him 3 times now and it is AWESOME...we can see him and talk to him and he looks soooooooo good! I am so thankful for the technology we have this day in age...I could not bare to resort to writing letters!



Here's Riley looking at her daddy on the screen...she wanted to type on the keyboard so bad so I let her type and we would send it to Jason while chatting! It was pretty cute!


Riley is a true joy for me and I am so thankful that I have her to keep me company...we have so much fun!



Riley and I before church!



She loves taking baths...she just plain loves the water! She plays and splashes and loves having the water run down her face...she screams the moment I take her out!


It's so hard to see her grow up, but each new strive towards independence is fun too! I love going grocery shopping now that she can sit in the cart. She just kicks her little feet as soon as I put her in and she just checks everything out...she gets lots of compliments as she sweetly smiles at EVERY person that walks by us...I have to allow for extra time to talk with people!




She is SOOOOOO close to crawling, but as you can see she gets frustrated at times!





"I'll cry if I want to" and "I'll crawl when I want to"


I let her play with some tissue paper from a gift she received from her cousins in South Dakota...she LOVED it! Remind me again why we buy all of these expensive toys?

Riley was able to reunite with Kaleb after several weeks of separation...absence makes the heart grow fonder!

Here Kaleb is gently touching Riley's binky!
Here's Tara and I playing Baby Swap!


Megan came over Saturday night for a sleepover...like the old days! Jason and I's bed is the same bed I had in high school and Megan LOVES this bed...she might have come over just to sleep in the bed...who knows! We had margarita pizza and made margaritas...after this week I needed a few! We also stayed up talking 'till the wee hours of the morning...it was lots of fun. Riley awoke at 1:30 having pooped...that would wake me up too! So I changed her diaper and she sort of woke up so we decided to play a little...and guess who got out their camera? Here's what Riley looks like at 2 am after pooping in her sleep...


Despite being up in the middle of the night she was having fun too...




Thanks Megan for all the wonderful pics...AGAIN!
After her early morning photo shoot she went back to sleep and slept until 8:45...I LOVED that!


Last night I went over to Jason's family's house and had some yummy burgers and also received a wonderful spa treatment compliments of Proe Spa by Gabriella and Shelbella! Gaby and her friend Shelby charged me $4 for a spa treatment which included a massage, paper cucumbers on my eyes, perfume (water and soap mixed together...but smelled rather nice), and a hairdo! It was so cute and they had really thought through the entire thing...they had a lot of fun as did I.



Here's me and my beauticians after my spa treatment!




Here's Riley with her favorite Uncle...he can always get her to smile!


We ended the evening getting to all skype with Jason...this was the first time he had gotten to see his family and it was very special to all of us!

0 comments: