Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sweet Family Time...

We are cherishing every moment together these days and yesterday was no exception! Jason and I had a "date day" including lunch, a movie, ice cream, and a pedicure for me! The whole movie and ice cream reminded me of the good 'ol days nearly 11 years ago when our parents would drop us off at The Quarry and we would go to a movie, go to Amy's ice cream, and then hang out at Borders until our parents picked us up! We had a lot of fun together and Riley spent the day with Jason's family so she had a lot of fun too! After our fun filled day we went as a family to Build A Bear...Jason has been wanting to take Riley to make a Daddy Bear for her to love on while he is gone...it was so fun and so cute!
First Riley picked out her bear...a small soft brown one!


Then she kissed the heart that would go inside of it!

Then she and her daddy watched as the bear was stuffed with fluffy stuffing!

Then we picked out some clothes for her bear so it will remind her of Daddy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my I'm tearing up...a daddy bear! that is SUCH a precious idea. And her daddy teddy is outfitted in camo gear!

Funfor5andunder said...

okay, I don't know how you are handling this but I'm a mess just reading!! I will be praying for you!!

Nicole said...

What a great day! I love the idea of the daddy bear!

Becky said...

I am tearing up too! What a great idea. It's very sweet. I'll see you soon! Yea! : )