Thursday, August 14, 2008

The countdown begins...

Trying to take a positive approach to our current situation...19 weeks to go! Tuesday was one of the hardest days...glad that's over. I am happy to report that Jason has safely made it to his destination...thanks for all of your prayers. I have actually gotten to talk with him several times and that is what is keeping me going...that along with my precious little girl! She is such good company!

We spent this past weekend lounging for the most part. It was also a rainy weekend which made it even better conditions for lounging! Friday night we had BBQ at The Whole Hog with Jason's family...their potato salad is my FAVORITE...apparently Jason's favorite is cute piggies with BBQ sauce!

The girls...


The boys...

Okay...Jason give Riley her toy back!


Saturday Jason mowed the yard for the last time this year and cleaned up the garage and his family came over to eat dinner...Jason grilled burgers and smoked a brisket so we had tons of food. The brisked turned out great and I have most of if in the freezer...probably will be the only real food I will eat at home while he is gone b/c I am looking forward to cereal for dinner...and that's what I've had the past two nights!


Here's Jason and Frank smoking cigars from Jamaica!


Sunday we played hookie and skipped church...we literally laid around and watched the Olympics and ventured out around 3 pm for our first meal of the day...Texas Roadhouse! Then we went back home and laid around some more and watched more of the Olympics. Monday we had lunch with Jason's family, ran a few errands, and got his final bags ready to go.



Here's some cute pics of Jason and Riley...she is sporting her camo onesie that says "My dad rules"...a bow is a necessity with this outfit!





Jason taught Riley to give kisses before he left...it is so precious. She turns and opens her mouth super wide ready to plant one on your lips...big slobbery kisses...the best!



Tuesday was...yuck.
Here's the guys getting on buses to head to the plane

Here's Jason actually getting on the plane...he turned and gave me and Riley a wave and blew us a kiss before he stepped into the plane.


We miss him so much...Riley has been sleeping with her Daddy bear and the other night I found her clutching on to him...how sweet is that!

We get visitors next week and are excited about that!

6 comments:

Meg said...

I can imagine how hard this is for you. I'm praying for you that God will give you comfort and the time will go fast. Please know that you can come to me for anything and if you ever need anything, I'm here for you! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Lauren and Riley...if you are lonely for a weekend, I can fly for free, I would love to come...I miss you guys already and am thinking about you! We are praying for J too!

Nicole said...

Hey Lauren, Hang in there! I'm praying for you. Thank goodness for little girls! She'll keep your mind occupied, at least a little. It seems like you have a great church and great friends to help you during this time and above all, you have our Amazing Heavenly Father. He'll hold it all together. I know it!

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Hi Lauren, I'm praying for all three of you! May God richly bless you and Riley, grant you peace during uncertainty, and show you abundant love and support through your friends and family! I pray that God wraps His arms of protection around Jason while he's away and gives him peace in his heart to know that God is watching over each of you. May God be the source of your strength, courage, and hope! I'm glad you have been able to talk to J a couple of times- that makes a world of difference! (I remember when my dad was in the land of pyramids, a.k.a. "S. Carolina"!, I didn't get to talk to him much over the 6 mos.) I will continue to lift you and your family up in prayer! love, Stephanie

Anonymous said...

we love y'all sooo sooo much and are blessed by your friendship. if you need ANYTHING, Lauren & Riley, just let us know! derek can even attempt to cook brisket for you like jason does =) if you need some yard work, plumbing, any man stuff done around the house derek will be over in a jiffy! xoxoxoxo i know riley is so proud of her tough daddy! Thanks so much Jason for serving us and protecting us!!! May God strengthen your bond with lauren even with the distance and may you all feel His love and protection. we love you!!