Saturday, August 16, 2008

Pop Goes the Binky

Here is a cute video I took this morning...Riley and I are having lots of fun together!

We are also getting to communicate with Jason via e-mail and online chatting pretty regularly. He is working a lot and starting to get into a routine. He says that he is enjoying it over there...this is what he signed up for...the real deal. Hopefully we can Skype with him soon and see him...that will be good for all of us!

Riley and I went to dinner with Laurie Friday night and today we went to the commissary and just hung out at home...I had some things I wanted to get done! The weather was very nice so we took a long walk this evening. Tomorrow is Riley's 8 month birthday so I will post about all her latest milestones!

On a random side note, I have endured yet another random injury. I often think back to the "injuries" that interrupted my life or required some kind of medical intervention and I have never broken a bone but I have had some very random and ridiculous things happen to me. Let's see..first there was the stress fracture in my vertebrae from volleyball that required that I wear this huge turtle like plastic brace for 23 hours a day for 8 weeks, then there was the finger crushing that took place when the referee stand fell onto my pour middle finger, then there was the accidental self stabbing incident with my hand in which I was simply trying to get the pit out of an avocado and ended up severing a nerve and having to have surgery, and Friday I managed to rip off my own fingernail...I was simply trying to move Riley's stroller and my hand was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and my beautiful "fake" nail popped off and took a quarter of my actual nail with it...not fun! So I am thankful that I have not had anything "major" happen to me but I find it humorous to think of the random injuries that I have had in my lifetime. Hope you can find humor in my anguish as well!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

I totally remember the avocado accident! By the way,I saw your mom at church today and we chatted for a minute. I told her that Nathan and I are trying to take a few days and go to Hot Springs sometime this fall. I'll let you know if we make definite plans.