Saturday, March 27, 2010

A whilrwind week...

This last week was great...but lots of traveling was involved.
Last time I posted we were still at home and since then we have been to Texas and back...whew!
I had to go back to Goodfellow AFB for the Grand Opening of our Virtual Eyewear Store but in the midst of that Riley and I got to see Grammie and JoePa too!
We flew into Austin Monday, went and saw all my work peeps at the office, and then headed to the lake to see Grammie and JoePa, enjoy a home cooked meal, and relax for the night.
Tuesday morning I got up early and headed to San Angelo to get everything in order, make a switcheroo of employees (fun!), and work ALL day!
Thankfully all of Susie and I's hard work over the past few months totally paid off and the Grand Opening went great with lots of support from the base commanders as well as AAFES. Susie and Dr. C flew in the morning, missed their connection in Dallas, and almost left me hanging but thankful it all worked out and they arrived just in time.
I MC'ed the whole event which was totally nerve wracking but it went well and I was so relieved when it was all over!
Here's a few pics...

The final "look" of the store!
Col Peterson and Dr. Cooper cutting the ribbon!
Once the Grand Opening was over Dr. C took us to eat at a great country steakhouse where the plates of food were ginormous! Susie and I both ordered chicken strips and each of our plates had 12 strips...it was crazy!
We had a few more things to take care of that afternoon and then Susie and I went for pedicures and dinner...the perfect end to the day!
I stayed half the day Thursday wrapping things up and then headed back to my parents to see this little girl!
While I was away working she was having a BLAST with Grammie and JoePa.
She rode her bike, went on the boat, played with her friend Ariel and fed the cows, helped Grammie plant flowers, and she LOVED LOVED playing with Sadie!

She also scoped out my parent's wine selection...
Helped JoePa feed Sadie...
Sat on the porch in "her" chair with "her" Sadie!
and even did some heavy lifting!
Every now and then she would strike a few keys!
She even had a few talks with JoePa...especially after she showed him how she likes to put her babies "in her belly"...he wasn't quite ready for that!
Lovin' on JoePa!
As soon as I pulled up Thursday I just jumped out of the car and ran to find Riley because I had missed that little stinker so much!
My dad had a pitcher of margaritas waiting for me...he knows me so well and he makes some of the best! Thanks Dad!
Me and mom!
My dad is doing a major renovation on their neighbor's house and Riley had fun checking in on the job every now and then...she would just start talking to them and bossing them around...a mini JoePa in the making!
She loved this pile of sand and kept picking it up and trying to throw it at all of us!
On my home from San Angelo I happened to come right through Llano, home of the BEST BBQ at Cooper's, so I stopped and picked up some yummy grub for all of us!
I had cut Riley off some corn on her plate but she wanted to eat the corn like the rest of us...she climbed up in her own chair and stole Grammie's corn and went to town!
Friday I headed to our Austin office to work their for a few hours and then my mom and Riley met me for lunch and we headed to the airport. This traveling is wearing me out but we're excited about our next trip in just another week!
Saturday we got up and ran a bunch of errands to get all the necessary items to plant all our flowers. Riley was anything but a sweetheart running all these errands but we both survived and she fell asleep on the way home and slept for four hours so I supposed she was just tired and cranky!
Thankfully she woke up on the right side of her bed and was in a much better mood so we headed outside to play and plant!

Kadie and Hank sure missed her and gave her lots of kisses!
She played with her new water table...I forgot again to get the sand!
We planted geraniums in all the pots and they are so pretty!
Riley was a big help bringing over potting soil to each plant!

When we were all done I got the hose out to clean off the patio. Riley kept wanting me to spray her so I did! She loved it but I didn't want her to get too wet since she's been battling a runny nose and cough all week but she was in heaven!
Somehow she ended up with the hose and said "I get Mommy"
Thankfully for me she's not quite strong enough to be able to push the handle to turn the water on so I evaded a soaking!
After we cleaned everything up we took the doggies on a walk and headed home to shower and eat dinner!
One of my favorite things to eat for dinner is breakfast, but unfortunately Jason doesn't like that so I have been waiting to cook breakfast for dinner and that's just what we did!
Pancakes, eggs, and bacon...and this little squirt ate it all up and came asking for bites off my plate!
We've gotten to talk to Jason quite a bit this week and Riley even got to talk to him too...that was the best!

0 comments: