Friday, April 2, 2010

Riley wants you to know she's had a busy week talking on the phone and doing lots of playing!

We got a surprise visit from Cooper the other night because his preggo mom had to go to L&D because we thought Ms. Kinsley might be making her debut...no Kinsley yet but we sure had fun having Cooper over to play.
Since the beginning of the year Cooper and Riley have attended the same CDC on base...they are in different classes but they get to play together on the playground and they just LOVE seeing each other. They still have that love / hate relationship when at one another's house because all of the toys are "mine" and they sometimes don't want to share!
They both ate very well...
and Cooper just cracks Riley up!

Then it was time to play with the strollers...even though we have two there's always a fight about who gets what stroller...always.

But the quickly get over it and Riley found her pony to ride instead!

She cried so hard when Paul came to pick up Cooper, saying "My Cooper" over and over...the poor girl is so social and hates having to say goodbye to her friends.
Riley gets to do lots of fun things at school and the other day they did crafts and they now have these great scissors that have no blade but actually cut paper...who woulda thunk?
Well she didn't want to part with the scissors so Ms. Tracy let her take a pair home so we cut lots of paper that afternoon!
Riley also got a special treat from her mommy...a pedicure!
With Easter coming up and the abundance of sandals that I just bought for her I decided there was no better time to get her little toes painted. They are quite difficult to paint since they are so itty bitty but we managed and they turned out so cute!

She sat in her high chair and we watched American Idol while I painted...had to keep the girl still!
Checkin' out her painted toes!
LOVE this girl!
Yesterday we went to Kids Gone Wild after I picked Riley up and we met up with her friend Brayden and they both had a blast!
Patti and I were worn out after an hour of jumping and sliding!

What a fun week!
I have to share some recent Riley stories...she is communicating really well now and with that comes lots of fun stories...I could just eat her up!
"I don't like that" - with lots of sass I might add! This comes from her school teachers teaching the kiddos to use their words rather than retaliate when one of their friends does something that they don't like. She said it out of the blew right before Jason left because he was just picking at her and tickling her...it totally caught us off guard but then he tried to get her to say it because it's just so cute!
"You hurt Riley's feelings" - I've only heard this once and she said it to me when I wouldn't let her watch a DVD in the car...it was preceded by "I don't like that Mommy". I have to admit I was somewhat heartbroken at first when she told me I hurt her feelings...then reality slapped me in the face and I realized she was saying all of this over not getting to watch a movie...she sure does know how to use her words.
You have seen the photos of Riley putting her baby doll under her shirt but I think she has finally "had" her baby and we named her Sally. Adding a name to one of her baby dolls has brought on a whole new world for Riley...Sally goes everywhere with us now and she sleeps with Riley. A few mornings I would ask her if Sally cried at night and she says "Yeths" and then I ask her if Sally woke her up at night and she says "Yeths" and I just tell her that's what babies do!
With the crazy pollen counts we have had Riley's allergies have given her a run for her money and the poor girl has had a runny nose and cough for over a week now...nothing to keep her down but I was giving her Benadryl allergy before bed to help her sleep. Well one night just about a half hour after I put her down she started crying for me so I went in and she pointed to one of the walls in her room and said "BEAR....rooooaoaaarrrrr"...I asked her if she saw a bear and she said "Yeths" and then she said she was scared...poor girl!
She has also told me a couple of mornings that the doggies got in her bed during the night...she knows they like to sleep right by her bedroom window if they are out at night and if they are in their kennels they are in the garage which is right next to her room...so needless to say we talk about the doggies a lot when she's going to bed. I'm sure that is on her mind when she goes to sleep and how fun would it be to have two big labs in her crib with her!
She is quite the character and so much fun!
I also have been meaning to post this video of Riley's conversation with JoePa when my parents were here the last time...it's one of my favorite videos!
Well that's all. We're both missing Jason a lot...Riley had her first real meltdown about him being gone last night and it stunk. She just melts when she sees him on DVD so that is keeping us going and I'm teaching her how much her Daddy loves her. I ask her "How much does Daddy love you?" and she says "thiiiiisssssss much" with her arms stretched as wide as she can go!
We're all packed and ready to leave on a jet plane to Arkansas...and you better believe Sally is coming with us!

1 comments:

Heather said...

The video with JoePa is hilarious. I will definitely be watching it again. She gets cuter and cuter Lauren!