Saturday, March 20, 2010

Girls Night

Last night was girls night at our house...and it was wild!
Wild in the mind of two toddlers that is!
Maddie's mom and dad finally let her stay the night over here and Riley couldn't wait!
I was brave and met a few of my friends at BJ's for dinner...me with these two girls!

I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive about taking them out by myself but I knew I had a lot of hands to help if I needed and I figured why not!
Needless to say the girls did GREAT considering how long we waited both for the table and the food. Riley kept wanting to get out of her high chair but Maddie was content as could be! The girls scarfed down some yummy pizza, did some coloring, and finally I pulled out my last resort...Happy Feet on my iPhone! That totally saved me and gave me time to eat my dinner!
Shortly after I was done the girls had hit their breaking point and it was time for us to go!
When we got home they both got in their PJ's and played a bit.
Right before it was time for bed they both watched Jason read a few stories...Riley is now obsessed with watching her Daddy on tv...it couldn't be any cuter!
Jason has been super busy getting acclimated and working so he hasn't had time to make a new DVD yet so we are watching the two he made from his last deployment. It's funny because he's doing things in the video that were new tricks for Riley a year and a half ago like making indian noises and such. She looks at him like he's silly and then talks to him like he's right there!
Riley and Maddie are best buds and I'm so sad that Maddie is moving...Riley has no idea but I know she will constantly be asking for Mena, John, and Maddie!
There were lots of hugs...
and even some dancing before bedtime!
Both girls went right to sleep and so did I...I was pooped! I was also unsure of how the night would go so I figured I better get to bed...I was pleasantly surprised that they both slept GREAT! Riley woke up once which she's been doing all week but Maddie didn't make a peep!
They both slept until almost nine and I was loving life!
Once they woke up they did a little more dancing...
and I made them cheesy eggs and strawberries for breakfast!
A successful sleepover at our house and Riley was super bummed when Maddie left today!
Not sure if I've mentioned this but Riley is OBSESSED with babies...real ones and fake ones! Due to the fact that I have lots of pregnant friends Riley is under the impression that she has a baby in her belly and that almost everyone else also has a baby in their belly...makes for some really funny situations!
Today she took it to a new extreme...check out what she did!
and now she's a proud mama showing off her new baby!
She left me speechless!
After Riley's nap she and I did some retail therapy...she got lots of new shoes and clothes and I got a few things too!
This evening I got my own girl's night...I had a fun dinner at Chipotle while John and Paul watched the kiddos!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

She is absolutely adorable. i can't wait to see you guys.

Unknown said...

She is too cute. I can't believe how big she has gotten. I need an email address for you. There have been new developments here.

Katie said...

this whole post cracks me up! looks like a wild and crazy time!