Saturday, September 18, 2010

Super Duper Weekend...

Well I got all caught up only to get behind again...we've been super busy and this is our first down weekend so time to catch up again!
A few weekends ago I think we had the busiest weekend in a long time...all fun stuff but non stop!
Friday night was spent getting my house ready for a tea party baby shower for my friend Jennie the next morning. Hannah, Becky, and Patti came over and we got the house all set up!
Riley and Braden enjoyed the ottoman being gone and decided to have wrestling matches on the living room floor!
Becky ironed tablecloths...
We all moved furniture around and got the tables all set up!

A fun night!
The shower turned out great and I'm waiting on more pictures to update on that...we had delicious food, a great turnout, and some super fun hats since we asked everyone to wear a tea party hat!
Riley even wore her Aggie hat and was such a cutie!
The shower started at 10:30 and Jason was supposed to watch Riley and Braden...well...a work thing came up and we lost our babysitter! Thankfully some older kids came as well and it was not too stressful having the kiddos around! At one point Riley came out of the playroom and yelled "it's cupcake time"...she's so funny!
Here's me and my sweet girl in our hats...not sure why she's pretending to sleep!
As soon as the shower was over my great friends helped clean up and get my house back in order and then I was off to get my hair did for a special event that night!
Jason and I attended the Air Force Ball that night and had such a blast! Riley went to spend the night at Braden's house and she had a blast too!
So...about three weeks before the ball we were in Napa with friends and they were beginning to "convince" us to attend the ball when I turned to Jason to ask him and his response was "yeah...we have to go" Hello? When was he going to tell me?
So thankfully I already had a dress to wear. A dress I bought 5 years ago. A dress I bought for the last Air Force Ball. The ball we never actually attended although we were all dressed and in the parking lot of the Little Rock Convention Center. The ball we never attended because the dry cleaners had lost a very small part of Jason's uniform which he discovered in the parking lot so we couldn't go into the ball because he was out of uniform. Crazy.
So I had the dress (and it still fit), I had the shoes, it was all set!
And this time we made it and had so much fun!
Here's me and my handsome date!
The ball was held in the newest hangar at Travis AFB and it was such a great night...there were several static displays of planes, a huge American flag, and lots of people!

We sat with Jason's squadron and enjoyed a great dinner!
After dinner and all the formalities were out of the way...then the fun began!
Jill, Me, and Ashley!
Jason, Ashley, and Me
A bunch of us girls!
Being silly with our sexy pose!
Let the dancing begin!
We danced the night away and shut the party down...it was such a blast!
Last pic of the night!

Since we didn't have a curfew we went to Katie's house afterwards for some more fun...but basically we just realized how tired we were! We got home about 1:00 and were so sad that Riley wasn't in her room...that was her first night away from us since we've moved here...I was tempted to go get her..but we didn't!
Sunday morning Patti texted me when Riley woke up and I went and got her...then we went to eat at Bab's with Katie and Ashley! As soon as we were done with breakfast I went to pick up Ollie to babysit him for the afternoon. As soon as Hannah picked Ollie up we went over to the Welch's to help them move some stuff and then went to grab some Mexican food for dinner...one busy weekend!

0 comments: