Sunday, November 22, 2009

My little Mama!

Well since the Bitty Babies have arrived our house has been full of baby gear...it's been so fun! I have to be honest...I'm not sure who is having more fun with the babies...me or Riley! HaHa! They just have the cutest little clothes and they are fun to play with.
Riley jumped right in and really started taking care of her babies. Tuesday she had lots of time to play with them because she played hookie from school...she just has a cold but her morning breathing and coughing were reminiscent of her pneumonia last year so we didn't waste any time getting her checked out but all was well and she was able to get her H1N1 vaccine in the process because the hospital has been hiding the fact that they have the vaccine but since we were already there she was able to get it!
Before it was time to go to the doctor though she got in lots of baby play time!
Changing a diaper...


Bitty Baby actually came with a diaper bag complete with a changing pad, wipes, baby powder and lotion...unfortunately Riley quickly figured out that the lotion and baby powder were pretend and she had a hard time dealing with at...this girl wants the real deal!
After both babies got their diaper changed it was time for a nap!
Riley decided to join them!

Look at those happy babies...they are now in their crib and all ready for bed!

Riley get to play with her babies in style complete with stroller and an infant carrier!

She has so much fun with her babies!
For some reason Riley was fascinated with pushing the crib all around the house...she eventually ended up in the kitchen, threw one of the babies on the ground, and decided she wanted a turn in the crib. I started snapping pictures because I thought it was cute and about 30 seconds after I took this pic the bottom fell out of the crib!

Luckily Riley survived the 6" fall and simply said "Uh Oh"...yeah. So I had to unscrew the crib, put the bottom back on, and screw it together again...it's as good as new but I think Riley learned through this experience that the crib is just for the babies!
Jason worked an off shift this week and didn't get home until really late at night so Riley and I filled our evenings playing with the babies...that is on the nights we didn't have plans...we are busy girls!
On Friday Riley's school invited the parents to have Thanksgiving lunch with the kids...of course we jumped on the invite and we had so much fun! Riley was stoked when we got there and just grinned from ear to ear...there were lots of other parents there too!
She washed her hands before it was time to eat!
Did I mention she was happy?
Here we are...sitting at Riley's table eating lunch with her!
The lunch was so good that Jason and I picked up our lunch on the way back home before I had to get back to work.
Friday afternoon ended up being a dreary cold rainy day...it was awesome!
When we got home from eating lunch with Riley we found Hank and Kadie all cuddled up by the door...so sweet!
Last night Riley and I got in some great cuddle time as I let her watch an episode of Noddy before bed...Jason got off early and came home to find us like this!

Today I made breakfast bagels and took Riley and the doggies on a walk while Jason napped. When it was time for Riley to nap I was out to run a ton of errands. It's amazing how much I can get done by myself.
The Holidays are quickly approaching and I wanted to get a head start. We are going to have our own little family Christmas and birthday next weekend because we will all be in Texas for the Holidays, but Jason leaves a few days after Thanksgiving for a course in NM and we won't see him until Christmas. We are getting Riley a few "big" gifts and didn't think it was necessary to ship them to TX only to ship them back here so she's going to get to open some really fun presents next weekend and I had to get things ready for that!
Once I got home we got ready for a night out...we took a few pics because Riley was looking ever so cute! I could just eat her up!Mom / Daughter pic...I was tickling her under her dress to get this smile!

Loving on her Daddy!
We all had a fun night...sort of a guys / girls night! Riley and I went to a PartyLite Candles party with the girls while Jason watched Fight Night with the guys!
Tomorrow we are going to head to Sacramento to get all of Riley's Christmas / Birthday gifts so that should be fun!

0 comments: