Sunday, November 9, 2008

Riley's newest milestones...

Well I am proud to announce Riley's newest accomplishment...picking her nose! I seriously didn't think that she would learn this one quite yet and the first time it happened I was sure it was just by chance but now that she has consistenly been doing it I am afraid it is an actual learned behavior!

Straight from the nose to the mouth...scrumptous!

On top of that accomplishment I also found her playing in the toilet water...seriously what happened to my little girly girl? Jason is VERY anxious to get home...he is wondering what is going on around here with Riley picking her nose and playing in the toilet...oh the joys of babies learning new things!

We have had a really great weekend...Saturday we just hung around the house, did a little shopping, and Andrea came over for dinner (I cooked Jason's famous minestrone...it was good but lacked his touch and Andrea made a butterscotch cake). After dinner Andrea and I "watched" a movie...now for a very long time I have had a horrible reputation of falling asleep watching a movie...like as soon as the beginning credits are done...it's bad...I need help! I really want to watch a movie but my body associates being comfy and lying down as time for sleep and I can not help it. Little did I know that Andrea shared this same problem so our attempt at watching a movie was really both of us sleeping...fun times!

Here's Riley playing with the gumdrop pillows I made for her room...they are great to pull up and walk around...she had a lot of fun!

Today we went to church and then Megan took Riley's Christmas pictures...you can see a few at http://www.meg-southernexposure.blogspot.com ...they are really cute and Megan finally started a blog to showcase her great work so check it out! We had a lot of fun and did all kinds of crazy things to get as many smiles out of this little girl as possible...the best part was when she picked her nose in the middle of the photo shoot...you know Megan captured this moment as well!

Here's Riley doing one of her favorite things...standing at the back door and saying her version of "doggy" which is actually pretty close...she loves the doggies. Hank just stands there with the ball in his mouth wondering if she's going to throw it for him...he's ADDICTED! Kadie just wants to lick all over Riley...it's a good thing the glass seperates them!

1 comments:

Becky said...

She's getting so big. I can't wait to see you guys again.