Sunday, November 16, 2008

My little straw sipper!

After all of the shower celebrations we were able to spend the evening with friends and it was great to see the Yaz fam and Baby Stella...what a cutie!


We all went to dinner and I accidentally left Riley's sippy cup at the Woods home...I discovered this when I went to make her sippy cup after she had finished eating at the restaurant...knowing she would be asleep the moment we got in the car I really wanted her to get her last round of formula before we left the restaurant but I had NO sippy cup...so I tossed around the idea of getting a child's cup and seeing if she could drink through a straw...my biggest fear was that she wouldn't be able to and she would get upset in her frustration...but I gave it a shot anyways and SHE DID IT! When I first gave it to her she just played around with the straw so I put it in my mouth and attempted to show her what to do without accidentally drinking her formula...as soon as I showed her she did it and drank the whole thing with the straw...I was shocked, but it was so neat to see her learn something...I will stick with sippy cups for a bit but at least I know she can do it!

And here's my fuzzy bunny after a long night of straw sipping...it's really cold so she's all bundled up and soundly sleeping!

1 comments:

Becky said...

She so cute in her snuggly bunny outfit.

I think I've seen somewhere that babies can start to drink from a straw at 6 months. Syd went from nursing to drinking from a straw. I don't know how we passed the sippy cup but we did. I really like these cups with a straw. They don't really leak. You can get them at Target or Walmart. I bet Riley would like them! : )

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=86779&catid=135953&aid=337953&aparam=the_first_years_take_t&CAWELAID=61283540