Monday, March 10, 2008

Sweet Family Time

Well Riley has her daddy back! Jason made it in at about 12:00 a.m. Saturday morning and I timed her feedings so she was just done eating and ready to go to bed when he got home. He snatched her up and started talking to her and she greeted him with HUGE smiles...it was so sweet! She knows who her daddy is! We had a nice weekend together as a family...we hung out and got all of Jason's goods put away, visited his family, had dinner with friends, went to church and lunch with friends, and enjoyed the nice weather yesterday...I was able to go running and Jason washed our vehicles...a good 'ol Sunday afternoon!


Riley has hit some new milestones...DROOL, grabbing at her toys, and her FEET!!! She is drooling a lot now and getting her clothes all wet...it doesn't seem to bother her though! She is also grabbing at her toys on the playmat and pulling them to her...sometimes I will put a toy in her hands and she immediately tries to get it to her face to try and suck on it and today she and I were playing and I was just talking to her up close and she put her hands on my face and just kept feeling my face...it was so sweet! The best was her finding her feet...it was Saturday morning and dad was still asleep and I was holding her on my lap...her eyes locked on her feet and she just kept staring in awe as her feet wiggled around eventually she grabbed her feet with her hands and kept staring...I wish so bad Jason had been awake to grab the camera and capture the moment, but she hasn't noticed them since so I'm sure she will do it again soon!




After we bathed her on Saturday I decided it was time to try out her robe...what girl doesn't have a robe? She was sooooo cute in it and we had yet another photo shoot and we even included Howard the Duck this time! Howard was a gift from Granny, Jennifer's grandma, and Jason had decided that this should be her buddy and he LOVES Howard so we take Howard with us a lot of places now! Thanks Granny! Thanks to the Zachman's for getting Riley her robe!




I am enjoying my last week home before I go back to work...to a NEW job at that! It's a long story, but I will be starting a new job with a new company next week. I think all the change is going to help transitioning back because I am excited about the new job. My boss is a very caring mom and has assured me that I will have flexibility to transition taking Riley to daycare so I am very happy about that! We are practicing our routine...day one down and it was a success! I'm sure there will be kinks to work out however when the real deal starts!

1 comments:

Lori said...

What an adorable robe!! I can't wait to see little Miss Riley! I hope things go well with your transition back to work and day care:)