Thursday, September 20, 2012

Grammie Comes to Town!

 We were so excited to have Grammie come visit for a weekend while Jason is gone and we had lots of girl time planned!

She ended up having quite a travel day and getting in much later than we thought but we were just glad she was here and we headed to Dad's Kitchen...a diner in Sacramento that had been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives!

 The food was GREAT...they are known for their burgers and they didn't disappoint!  We headed home with full bellies and some tired little girls!

Riley went to school on Friday and Grammie watched Tessa while I did a few things BY MYSELF and got some work done!

I started the day getting my hair cut and going to Starbucks BY MYSELF to drink a Pumpkin Spice Latte and work.

I headed home to pick up Hank for his vet appointment on base and got him all taken care of and then headed home for a work call.

It was so nice to be able to get out alone...much needed for me! I love love love my girls but this mama needed a little break!

We picked up Riley from school and ran a few errands to get supplies for some Pinterest projects...fun fun fun!

That night I made pumpkin pancakes for dinner and we ate outside because the weather was just gorgeous!
Me and my girls...oh how I love being their mama!
 Grammie and her girls!
 Tessa was just starting to try finger foods and I let her have some pumpkin pancake...I couldn't get it on her highchair quick enough...she LOVED it!
 Saturday morning we headed to Riley's first soccer practice this fall.  She moved up to the 4 and 5 year old group and had a blast!

 Tessa cheered and then had to stop and have a snack!
Oh and Grammie's necklace was on the of the pinterest projects! I made it with an old Aggie tshirt so she can wear it to the A&M games!

After soccer we headed to the farmer's market and then cooked a yummy dinner and has Ashley and her kiddos over to eat since her hubby was out of town!  Another nice dinner outside and the kids got to run around and have a ton of fun!

Sunday we went to church, lunch with friends, and then we were off to the outlet malls to shop 'til we dropped...which doesn't take long with two kids..haha!  Actually the girls did great!

We had to stop so Riley could ride her horse Quicksilver!

 And we stopped for drinks too because we were famished!

It was a fun day of shopping and that night my mom and I worked on another pinterest project after the girls went to bed...we finished it the next morning and it turned out super cute!
What a fun weekend...we miss you Grammie and can't wait until our next visit!

0 comments: