Thursday, September 15, 2011

Make room for baby...

With another girl on the way I have lots of projects up my sleeve!
First off was to get all of Riley's clothes re-organized.  I have kept EVERY outfit and they were all somewhat organized but I wanted to organize them more, get all of the clothes into spacebags, and possibly get rid of some things!

I started out with random tubs / bags of clothes...
 It took about a week altogether but it was a fun process.

We are blessed to be having another girl and born in the same season as Riley so we should get to reuse pretty much everything.  I sorted it all by size / season and had so much fun reminiscing as I went.

It was amazing how an outfit would bring back so many memories.  Riley had so many clothes for her first year of life that many of them she only wore once or twice so I would remember specific things we did when she was wearing a certain outfit. 

It was fun for her to see all the little things she used to wear too!

 I started putting them in space bags which saves so much space.
 I also set aside clothes that were more worn or just things we didn't need and my friend had a yard sale so I organized it all and sold it there.  The things that didn't sell at the yard sale I ended up selling in lots on eBay.
 Tada!  Ths finished product!

I ended up getting all of these clothes into three tubs...so nice!

 A few fun things I learned in this process...

1.  I have a "slight" problem with buying baby girl shoes!

I can't get this picture to turn the right way but these are just the 12 pairs of shoes I had for Riley when she was 6-12 months old...not even a walking child...but they are so cute!

 2.  Some things are more suitable for Miss Riley now than when she was a baby!
Now I can cross one of my projects off the list...baby clothes / baby gear is all organized!

0 comments: