Saturday, September 24, 2011

BBQ and a sleepover!

 My friend Lynden and her husband had a great cook out on a great Saturday afternoon and Riley and I went for all the fun!

She had lots of friends to play with and she had a blast!

I got to chat with the girls, eat some good food, and we even made s'mores in their firepit!
 While we were there my friend Sara who is a VERY talented photographer took Riley outside to practice using her new lens...here are the shots she got of our sweet girl!



When it was time to go Izzy and Riley had schemed up a sleepover...I wasn't sure because I didn't know how Riley would actually do.  Or perhaps I didn't know how I would actually do!

Lynden and her hubby were up for it and since they live just a few streets over from us I figured it was pretty much the best situation.  We told the girls they could have a sleepover and they were ECSTATIC!  They set up a big "bed" of blankets and pillows on their living room floor and I got Riley all ready for bed.  I asked her several times if she was sure and she grabbed my face gently and said "I will miss you mommy but don't cry.  I'm going to have lots of fun."  Oh my gosh when did she get so big?

So I headed home All.By.Myself.  I didn't know what to do!  I have never spent a night alone in this house all by myself.  I was talking to Jason and he was telling me to get some sleep but I was worried...what if Riley needs me?  what if she doesn't make it all night?  I finally enjoyed my freedom and did a few things and then went to sleep...and never got a phone call!

I went over to there house about 9:00 the next morning to pick Riley up and get her ready for church and she had done great!  No accidents, they did some sleeping, and most importantly they had SO.MUCH.FUN!

I found out later she was exhausted from all the fun because she took almost a 4 hour nap that afternoon!

1 comments:

Susan said...

Great pics. Hope to get some of those!