Monday, February 28, 2011

A Princess "Pack Pack" from Tinkerbell

Riley has been waiting for preschool ever since she turned 3 but all of the preschool classes in the CDC were full. I was getting ancy...or shall I say impatient waiting to see when a spot would open up for Riley and the week after our trip to Tahoe she started acting out for her favorite teacher which was very abnormal...I knew it was just time for her to move into a new classroom. Just about that time the CDC made a modified room for 2.5 - 3.5 year olds and had one of the preschool teachers come and lead the room. It was a baby step transition to preschool and I knew it would be great for Riley.


We told her about her new room and decided to go ahead and tell her it was preschool...it kind of worked. Deep down she knew it wasn't preschool but she was excited about the change. She had been asking for a "pack pack" when she went to preschool so it was time to get the girl a backpack. She had specific requests... "pink with wheels and all the princesses on it!" I had looked around a few places including the Disney store but we were out of luck...apparently they only keep a lot of backpacks on hand during Back to School season...so Amazon was where we searched.


We found the PERFECT "pack pack" and I showed Riley a picture of it...that was Saturday morning. We ordered with one day shipping but knew it wouldn't come until Monday or Tuesday and Riley didn't quite understand why she couldn't have it right then. So I did what I always do and conjured up a story to make it understandable in her world...or as my friend Nicki says I just make up lies...you can believe what you like. :)


Nonetheless, I told Riley that her backpack was being made by the one and only Tinkerbell and that when Tinkerbell was done making it special just for Riley the mail man would come and deliver it. Wouldn't you know that afternoon she was outside in the driveway yelling "mail man....mail man!"


That Sunday I had to head to Austin for the week for work...so it was a Daddy Daughter week!


On Monday I was sitting in a slew of meetings and got a text from Jason "the pack pack is here!!!!!"


So he got to unwrap it and set it out for her and to say she was tickled is an understatement!

Ready for her pre-Preschool class!!!

0 comments: