Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Who Dat?

Well you'd never believe it but JoePa turned 60 and boy did we celebrate!

I am so glad Riley and I were able to make it in for the festivities...love you Dad and here's to many more birthdays!

My mom and her partner in crime, Patrice, put a lot of work into his party and decided to go with a New Orleans theme!

The birthday boy...

There was even a special little girl who handed out beads...

And a little bit of roasting...my mom and Patrice used this picture for the Evite and even had a poster made for everyone to sign..haha!

And some new business cards for my dad as well...

Here's Grammie and Riley...pretend the binky is not in her mouth :)

Doug, one of my dad's friends who decided to show up with the same hairdo my dad had in the invite pic!

There were lots of people and lots of food...the best kind of party!


Part of the reason that everyone had such a good time was that my dad made 2 gallons of Hurricanes, a New Orleans drink favorite!


There was gumbo, jambalaya, fried chicken, shrimp, bread pudding, and much more!


Whitney and I had fun catching up and hanging with the crowd...we both admitted we can only hope we have this much fun when we turn 60!

Family Pic...sure wish Jason could have been here!

At first Riley was a little overwhelmed with all the people and all the noise...which surprised me. We're talking about a girl that talks to ANY and EVERY person she sees. I soon realized, however, that this party was a little different since she was the only kiddo! She was also catching up on the jet lag since we had arrived in the wee hours of the morning!

She quickly warmed up and made friends with everyone and I feel like a bad parent for admitting this but she stayed up past midnight with the rest of the gang!

She learned how to smoke cigars from Sam...

She learned how fun straws are to play with from Patrice and Whitney...

and the beads...well she just loved them too!

It was a great night and I know it meant the world to my dad to have so many of his friends celebrate his birthday with him!

Happy Birthday JoePa!

Since the party we've been having lots of fun...but since my child doesn't go to bed before 9 because of all this fun I just can't stay awake to blog! I'll get to it soon!

0 comments: