Monday, April 12, 2010

The fun goes on...

Well I'm way behind with all the fun we've been having...rewind to last week!
Last Thursday we went to Megan's school and had lunch with her...I picked up Fantastic China which is what Jason and I basically lived off of our first year in Little Rock...yum yum!
Riley ate well and had fun checking out all the cool things in the desks of Megan's 5th graders...good thing they were at lunch while Riley was snooping and trying to steal their things!
Megan is EXTREMELY talented...both a photographer and a great crafter!
She had a booth at a craft fair several weeks ago and since I wasn't able to attend I did some shopping in her trunk after we had lunch! I bought several baby gifts and some fun things for me.
Here I am showing off my new purse and pin! Thanks Megan!

Thursday night was a girls night for me, Andrea, and Laurie...Olive Garden and staying up until midnight gabbing...doesn't get better than that!
Friday we went and had lunch at school with Gaby...we picked up Chick-Fil-A and all ate together. Riley was acting especially goofy and basically wouldn't let go from wrapping her arms around my neck the entire time...I was loving all that love from her!
I'm not sure if she was overwhelmed with all the kiddos or was just plain scared of the lunch monitor...I have to admit I was too! She finally warmed up, ate a few bites of her lunch, and even helped Gaby do clean up duty...put that girl to work!
Friday night we went to the Barnard's house for some major play time. We had Deacon, Stella, Kaleb, Riley, and Ashton together and pizza was the main course!

The kiddos had their own little dance session and I got the "Mom of the Year" award as Deacon was requesting songs by Hillsong and Riley wanted to hear "All the Single Ladies" and "Boom Boom Pow"!

They were all HILARIOUS and were so fun to watch!
Riley takes her dancing seriously as you can see in this pic!
Riley did some vacuuming and had fun playing ball with the boys!
She even pulled out her smooth moves of stealing toys...here she is vacuum in hand setting the stage to steal Stella's riding toy...gotta love 2 year olds and their lack of sharing ability!
What a fun night...great to see everyone and thanks Barnards for having us all over!

Saturday was a big day...Mr. Reed turned ONE!
Andrea is one of my dearest friends and I was so thankful that our move last year didn't keep me from being there for Reed's birth and I am so thankful I was able to share his birthday with them as well.
Andrea has a gift for party planning and as with anything she has planned she did a GREAT job with his baseball themed party!
The weather was great, kids were running all over, and it was just a good 'ol time!
The birthday boy LOVED his cake!Riley and Kaleb had fun walking up and down the stairs together...so cute!
Deacon, Owen, and Riley had a blast playing in the ice chest!

Riley even got a ride with the birthday boy in his new wagon!
Before we left she had lots of kisses for her Uncle Derek!
Andrea and I with Riley!

Tara and I with the kiddos!

Kaleb even shared some of his treat with Riley...what a sweet boy!
Saturday evening was a girls night here at the LoRusso house!
CJ and Frank had gone off turkey hunting...gobble gobble...so us girls had a fun night!
We played outside for a bit...sandbox, swings, a girl's dream!
Riley likes to make "eggs" and "ice cream" when she's in the sandbox!
Loving the slide!
After playing outside we headed to Cabot to check out our house that we still own...we are in between renters and I wanted to make sure a "For Rent" sign was up...it wasn't. The house looked great and well kept up but I wasn't sure why the sign wasn't up...sure enough it's because our property manager had already secured new tenants..woohoo!
Sunday we went to church and then headed to the zoo with the Burns and Wyndham families!
Riley and Kaleb were too cool for school with their suckers!
Checking out the giraffe!
The bear got SO close...these two were loving life because they were under the impression the bear was following their commands by responding to "come here bear"
We saw a baby monkey who loved riding with it's mama...so cute!
Riley and me!
Holding hands with Lexi!
And these two monkeys just had their own thing going on and couldn't contain their laughter!
Posing...finally!
We even rode on the horsie before we left...Riley was ELATED and when we had to get off and head to the car she had a HUGE meltdown...as in I could barely keep her in my arms she was screaming and flailing and saying "my horsie...my horsie"...that's what happens when it's 3:00 and she hasn't napped yet!
Loving her horsie!
We had a great afternoon at the zoo and after she napped we did some more playing outside and even jumped on the trampoline...I think we might have to get one for her! She LOVED it!
We had a great family dinner thanks to DiDi and celebrated Jason's birthday...sure do miss that man of mine!

He had a great birthday and got to go off base to Abu Dhabi to shop and have dinner...so thankful he's working with a great group of guys and his day was special even though we weren't together!
Yesterday we went to lunch with Ryan and Sue...my former boss and co-worker! It was so great to see them and catch up and we ate at Scallions, one of my favorite places! Riley was not a fan of sitting in her seat but since we ate outside she spent the time playing in the rocks and talking with all the other people eating lunch!
We are still trying to fit in lots of visits and play time before we leave!

0 comments: