Monday, April 5, 2010

Eggs.Easter Bunny.Fun

We made it...we are back in Arkansas...trip was a cinch and Riley was awesome!

We had been talking about who we were going to see and when we landed and made it to the baggage claim area she started yelling "Bubba....where are you?" over and over...once she got her eyes on him she totally clammed up and got shy...for about 20 seconds and she hasn't stopped loving the attention from Bubba and Gaby since!
We went to eat at On the Border...a family favorite!
Sunday morning Riley laid in my bed with Bubba and Gaby and watched cartoons while I got ready...she is loving life right now!
We all went to New Life for Easter service...oh how I miss that church...not sure any church will be home like that to us. We have a great church in Cali but there's just something about this place and the Easter service was awesome...we serve an awesome God! Riley was not too sure about playing in the nursery and little did she know she was playing with her long time buddy Kaleb but she had lots of fun!


I'm just in shock at how big all these babies are...we have not been back since we moved to Cali...almost a year to the date...Kaleb is all boy and is such a stud, Reed is walking and I just want to pinch his cheeks...so fun to be back!


Kaleb and Riley were playing with all the cool things on the wall but we somehow managed to get them to hug after much staging and convincing...how sweet is that!


I e-mailed this pic to Jason right away and it just made his day!



Rewind a little over 2 years ago and this was the best hug we could get out of them...how time flies!
After church we headed to the club for brunch and we got to share the day with Megan and Dave...something we've done for several years now and I'm so glad that didn't have to change this year!
We all ate lots of food, including Miss Riley, who ate 2 full plates herself!
After lunch Doc wanted to show her the lake and the first word out of her mouth was "fishies"...her Daddy should be so proud!
Family pic!

Pic with Megan and Dave...Riley was not wanting to stand still so we just let her do her thing!

After brunch we headed back to DiDi and Doc's house where the Easter bunny had dropped off some goodies! Riley first checked out her basket and politely asked me to "open it" for every single item in there...especially the candy!
Megan did her thing as she usually does and took some shots of the Easter festivities...I stole these from her blog...hope that's ok Megan...I just had to share your AMAZING talent!
Riley did a great job finding all the eggs and checking each of them out to see what kind of loot she got!
I did let her try a few pieces of candy...I mean peeps are my FAV and she even shared with me!
This mama can't get enough of her girl!

Thanks Megan for capturing these...you are the best!
After all the fun, the candy, and the goodies I managed to get Riley down for a nap around 2:30 after she pleaded with me to "eat candy and play"...smart girl I tell ya!
She got a couple hours of sleep in and then we headed to Scott and Laurie's for the evening...he made some mean ribs...Riley missed out because she ate ketchup for dinner. I let it slide since she had eaten two huge plates of food for lunch. She played with her "compooter" which is actually Gaby's Barbie computer that she may never see again...hehe! She was really good and let me catch up with Laurie for several hours...so fun!
Today I worked and Riley got to play with DiDi...they did some grocery shopping, took Bubba to his orthodontist appointment, and then had Chick-Fil-A for lunch...fun!
After her nap I was done with work and the kids were home from school so we spent the entire afternoon and evening outside....chalk, bubbles, running, scraping up her knees...we did it all!
She especially loved "riding" on the gator with Bubba...I'm sure she'll get a real ride in before we leave...love these red cheeks!
Maybe one day sweet girl...

Oh how she loves her Bubba...she just can't get enough of him!
Shooting some hoops!

Bubbles!
And this is what happens when it's time to go inside and eat dinner...life is rough!
We're so glad to be here...missing Jason...but good to be here!

0 comments: