Thursday, October 15, 2009

I am crazy...

Some of you may have already come to this conclusion but for me I was convinced tonight as I spent several hours making these Cupcake Pops and ate so much sugar along the way that I literally made myself sick...who does that?

Anyways...I saw these on www.bakerella.com a while ago and just HAD to make them...but what was I going to make them for? Well Riley's little friend Maddie turned 1 today and she is having her birthday party on Saturday so I asked her mom, Amanda, if I could make these for the party and she obliged!

I must admit...they are cute...and they are delish...but they are a LOT of work and much harder than I anticipated. Between some of them falling apart and some of them not really shaping up right I had to eat the duds and they are very rich! They very much resemble Andrea's Oreo Balls...the first food I ate after delivering Riley...I will NEVER forget that!

These are red velvet cake with homemade cream cheese icing and dipped in dark chocolate and almond bark...wow! So after making myself and spending several hours working on them I think they did turn out pretty cute and I hope Maddie likes them!

Most of them have these sprinkles which are my favorite but I ran out and had to use some other sprinkles I had as well!


Here's the other sprinkles...

So as for the rest of the week...Riley started at the Child Development Center on Tuesday and she has done GREAT! Here she is before her first day...she looks a little apprehensive...probably more annoyed with her mom who insisted on taking pictures...haha!
Her teachers said she fits in like she has been part of the gang for weeks...that's my social girl! They have a slide in the middle of the room and that's Riley's favorite...she runs right to it every morning!
On her first day I took her in at about 8 so she could have breakfast with her friends and get in a routine...Jason was begging to pick her up and I agreed as long as it was early...so he picked her up around 4:30 but had to go back to work and took Riley with him. She was great for him and was a ham with all the guys...however they didn't get home until 6! I was going crazy...that's literally the longest I've been away from her for over 6 months...I was SO anxious to see her, hug her, kiss her, tickle her, and play, play, play! However, Riley had only taken a 1 hour nap (she normally takes a 3 hour nap) and by the time they got home she had hit a wall and was exhausted. She had meltdown after meltdown as she got her bath and got ready for bed and we didn't get to play at all because she just wasn't in the mood...this momma sure was sad...their may have been tears...that was day 1.
Here she is all ready on day 2...check out that ponytail...love it!
Day 2 her Daddy got off work early and wanted to pick her up...I agreed as long as he came STRAIGHT home with her so we could play...they were home by 3:30 and we had all the afternoon together as a family...we all went on a run (dogs included)...Cooper came over to play for a bit...and Jason made his famous Minestrone...it was a great afternoon / evening!
I am so glad she is enjoying the CDC...I am hoping she starts taking longer naps but I think for now she's just too excited about all the new things to do in her classroom! They have their own playground just for her age group that is right out the back door of her classroom and yesterday was the first day she was able to play out there because we have had rain...she LOVES it. She is full of sand everyday because her favorite thing is the sandbox! Every morning she has gotten so excited when we walk in the door and I am so grateful for that!
So I mentioned we had rain...RAIN! Literally we hadn't seen rain since we moved here and we had a pretty good storm that dropped several inches and caused lots of flooding...they just aren't set up for proper drainage here because of the lack of rain! I LOVED it and welcomed it...there was still no thunder or lightning...just rain and wind! I was able to enjoy it curled up in a blanket on my couch as I worked the day away. We are done with the rain for now and are back to our normal weather but it was a nice break!
Check out our own personal lake...the water got high enough to move all of our mulch around and completely cover our sidewalk...that will be fun to clean up!
So that's what we've been up to this week...and tomorrow is Friday...woohoo!

0 comments: