Monday, June 1, 2009

San Francisco Zoo

Riley would like to report that Cali life is suiting her very well...we have taken many trips to the pool and to the park lately and we have to drag her out of both places kicking and screaming!

This past Sunday we took a family outing to a park just down the street and Riley had so much fun! She did a little swinging...and as you can see she didn't have any fun!We also brought her plasma car out, but she wasn't that interested in it...her Daddy was way more interested! I think she had too many options and knew it would go home with her and the playground wouldn't!She made a friend in the sand pit and played with her for awhile...it's so fun to watch her interact with kids she doesn't even know...she really has a sweet and friendly spirit!

She also learned to climb real well...

Today Riley and I went with some friends to the San Francisco Zoo and it was the best zoo by far that I have ever been too! We could have spent several more hours seeing more animals but with two sleepy girls and some chilly weather we decided we'll just have to make more trips! We started with some lunch and a view of the flamingos...Riley wasn't quite sure what to think yet and was ready to hit the ground running...literally!

As soon as I put her down and set her free she became our tour guide...however there were at least 2 instances where she decided it would be fun to run the opposite direction of where we were going...I had to run after her and then she played chase with me. I always think the kids on a leash are pitiful but I had a few moments where I just might have leashed this little girl up had I had my hands on one!

There was an entire Children's Zoo inside the zoo with exhibits that were at Riley's eye level and a complete petting zoo with goats and sheep running loose! Riley didn't want anything to do with these free roaming animals and held onto me for dear life the entire time! There was also this crazy dude with the best hair ever...I just kept cracking up!

Riley laughed over and over at this little prairie dog that just kept staring back at her!

She loved the ducks and the birds and would try and chase them around the zoo, but if a bird walked after her she would scream and start crying!

Guess what we found?
A carousel with a bunny to ride on...Riley's favorite!

And last but not least my favorite...the giraffes! The zoo sits right on the ocean and just past these trees the waves were crashing up on the beach...it was so cool!
After our trip to the zoo my friend Amanda decided to give me the scenic drive home complete with a tour of downtown including the financial district and Lombard street and then we drove over the Golden Gate Bridge...I felt like a typical tourist except that "home" for now is only an hour from here!

As we approach downtown San Francisco...I love me a big city!

The city court house complete with real gold ornamentation...

My first glimpse of the Golden Gate Bridge...
Driving over the Golden Gate Bridge...I was like a little kid!

After we crossed over we stopped so I could get some pics...the view was fabulous! The weather in San Francisco is pretty chilly...it's hard to grasp considering how close we are but how drastically the temp drops! We had to dress warm today because it didn't even hit 60 and we barely saw the sun because the clouds were hanging so low which is pretty typical for the city. By the time we got home it was 85 and completely sunny...crazy! I had a great chance to take pictures, however, because the sun was shining directly on downtown.

The infamous Alcatraz!

We had a great day and can't wait to explore this city more and more over the next couple of years!

5 comments:

Heather said...

ahhh my dream is to go to the san francisco zoo. looks like you guys are having a blast. i love going on your virtual adventures.

Meg said...

Cool pics of the bridge! I miss you.

Barbara said...

Yes, this zoo is by far the best I've ever been to! Miss y'all!

Nicole said...

California life looks good on you guys!

Didi said...

I love those piggy tails! Looks like an awesome day! Maybe Riley can take Aunt Gaby and Uncle Chris there when we come to visit! What a skyline!