Wednesday, June 10, 2009

First Day of Pre-School

With pigtails in, new tennies, and her Dora backpack full of all her "stuff", Riley made her way to her first day of pre-school in Cali!!!

Being that she attended daycare full time back in Arkansas I was not too worried about how she would do...in fact I was so happy for her! Riley LOVES being around other kids and I really feal like she needs that interaction and stimulation so after almost two months of hangin' with mom it was time to for her to be back in the social scene!


This pre-school is 2 1/2 hours twice a week...it gives me some time to accomplish some things sans the kiddo and gives her time to learn and play with others!

She was excited about wearing her backpack as we all know this girl loves to have a bag in hand...she had on her second pair of Nike's in her lifetime...the last pair, from the Yaz fam, were a tad smaller...

Her new pair are actually hand me downs from a family friend and I almost forgot about them...glad I didn't because they fit great and her old tennies were leaving red spots on her heels...a true sign it's time for new shoes!

She had a great first day...a few tears when I left but toys quickly distracted her! Her teachers said she did great and she even did some art work! She was pretty tuckered out because she didn't last two minutes on the car ride home!

3 comments:

The Wertz Family said...

It is on base or where do you have her going to "school". We all miss you here and I am sure the teachers really miss Miss Riley at Kareer Kids.

Heather said...

Cutest pictures. I mean that little backpack is precious.

Didi said...

I can hardly stand it--being so far away. She is sooo cute. I ache to give her a big hug and squeeze.