Thursday, April 16, 2009

The truck has left...

The big 'ol truck arrived at our house yesterday morning and by 3:30 it rolled out on its way to California with all of our stuff! It was a beautiful day which was great for packing and loading up! I have to say it was really weird pulling up to our house in the morning and seeing the moving truck there...yet I don't think this whole moving thing has actually hit me yet. I think I still feel like we are just going on some sort of vacation or something...it may not hit me until we are already there...we'll just have to see!

When you move it's a reality check for how much "stuff" you have accumulated and by the end you are just throwing random things in random boxes...that's the fun part of unpacking...having no idea where things are...oh the joy! I knew that this truck would hold someone else's household goods but it sure felt like we had enough stuff to load up the entire truck. It turns out we will be one of 4 houses on this truck...it's an art how they can load so much stuff on one truck but that's what they do!

As the truck pulled away I walked through the house and realized how stinkin' dirty it was...DISGUSTING! I was actually embarrassed...the area behind our washer/dryer and fridge were the worst...I have not pulled them out and cleaned since we moved in...I hope I'm not the only one who adopts the theory "out of sight out of mind"...after seeing how gross it was I just might add that to my "spring cleaning" agenda going forward! I had some time to clean up before I had to pick Riley up...or so I thought. It was Riley's last day of daycare and I had taken doughnuts for her to share with her friends. Shortly after I was taking in the grossness of my house and getting ready to attack it I received a phone call from daycare that Riley had a fever...poor baby! So I rushed out the door to pick up my baby girl and she just looked like she felt like poop. On our way back to Jason's parent's house I received a phone call from the listing agency that we had 3 showings set up for today...good thing but bad timing since the house was still a mess...we'll take it though!

I got Riley home and dosed her up with some Tylenol and she was back to acting herself but I knew she was trying to fight off some sort of illness...yucky cough...congestion..."the gunk" as I like to call it. We had planned to have dinner with the Shurgars...our first Little Rock neighbors...and they insisted we still come because it would be our last time to see them. Riley napped on the way out to their house and played with their boys, Will and Gibb, until they all went to bed around 7!

Here is handsome Will...who is in the stage where everything is "mine" and that led to some minor tiffs between he and Riley as she was scoping out and playing with all of his toys...he did a great job sharing though!

Riley had a lot of fun with the broom...I didn't know I had a little maid!
I stole this pic from facebook because I didn't get any of the adults last night!


We had so much fun with Thomas and Hayden...they hold a special place in our hearts because they were literally the first people we met when we moved to Little Rock...they were our next door neighbors in our little houses in the Heights...since Jason was gone the first 4 months we were here I was the third wheel with these guys and they took good care of me! I could count on my door bell ringing and Thomas standing there with a margarita in his hand at least once a week...if they caught me staying in and cleaning they would take me wherever they were going...and when Jason finally got home the four of us had so much fun together! Since we moved to our house in Cabot and they built a beautiful home out in the country we haven't seen as much of each other and now we have Riley and they have two boys and a little girl on the way... so much has changed since the good 'ol days on University! We can always expect a wonderful meal...and some good margaritas...with these guys! Since Thomas is allergic to beef we always have some sort of game and last night we had chicken-fried antelope...it was AWESOME!

After dinner the four of us sat around and just talked and we ended up on the topic of our children's bowel movements...how does that happen? As we sat there having this discussion I just laughed to myself thinking back to the good 'ol days and how none of us would have dreamed that one day just a few short years down the road we would be having a conversation of this magnitude...gotta love being a parent!

Riley is still battling something...she's had a low grade fever most of the day and has a nasty cough...we sure hope she fights this off quick! She was temperature free this evening so we think things are looking up! She is still so fun to be around even when she's not feeling well...she hasn't been eating that well which is a sure fire sign that she doesn't feel good...poor pumpkin!

Jason and I managed to get up to the house this morning and get it all cleaned up in between trying to work...it looks great if I do say so myself! We still have some little things to take care of but mostly we just want to take these last few days and enjoy time with friends and family...we are going to miss everyone sooooooooooooooooooooo much!

0 comments: