Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day and Happy Birthday to Me!

We had a great Memorial Day weekend packed full of hanging out with Grammie and JoePa...we LOVE when they come to visit and Riley loved having them here to play with her ALL day! We knew Tuesday would be a rough day at daycare after all the attention, but it was actually no big deal for her...she's so laid back!
We started off the weekend by celebrating my birthday (the big 25!!) with a nice dinner at Brave New...now this is the restaurant that I took my graceful fall in 6 days before delivering Riley...I am proud to report that not only did I not fall I also was finally able to eat there and it was delicious! I received lots of shopping money and giftcards so I can revamp my wardrobe as I near my pre-pregnancy weight...almost there!
Saturday was a nice day around the house just hanging out...we all took a nice walk and the boys put together Jason's new smoker and he smoked a brisket...we sat outside during the afternoon and enjoyed the weather!
Grammie and JoePa were able to see all that Riley has learned since their last visit...touching faces, rolling over, eating food, and laughing, laughing, laughing...

Sunday we went to church and heard an awesome message from Rick...then we went over to the Witte's for lunch...thanks Megan for a great meal!

We were able to catch up with Megan and Dave and my parents always love seing their "other" daughter! Megan took more pics of Riley...they are getting a post of their own because they are AWESOME!

Sunday evening Grammie and JoePa babysat while Jason and I headed downtown for the annual Riverfest...fried foods, great people watching, and live entertainment! We saw Robert Earl Keen who is a great Texas country artist that we have seen many times...it was a lot of fun! We saw fireworks as we were leaving and I even got to have a corn dog and ice cream...they make a special flavor every year just for Riverfest and this year's was watermelon..it even had candy seeds in it...yummy!

Monday we celebrated Memorial Day...thanks to all of those who have served our country and protected our freedom! We had a nice lunch with my parents and Jason's family before Grammie and JoePa had to leave...we miss you already!

After we saw Grammie and JoePa off we headed to the Burns for a cookout...more eating...do you see a trend here? Derek and Tara has just purchased an inflatable pool for Kaleb to play in and Riley got her try at hanging out in the pool for the first time. Now just for the record she has a super cute swimsuit from Aunt Patrice but I didn't know swimming would be involved so we did not bring it with us...therefore Riley had an Arkansas baby moment as she swam with her sunglasses, binky, and diaper!

She really enjoyed the pool...especially playing with her ducky...thanks to Andrea for helping keep the ducky within arms reach!

We played washers, ate good food, and just enjoyed great times with our friends...thank you Andrea for the great birthday cake! As you can see we had a fun filled weekend and Riley was pooped by the end of it all!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for the great post. We had Yarnell's watermelon sherbert at the airport - it was great.
Much love, Mom

amy said...

Hey Lauren!
It was so good to hear from you. Your Riley is soooo cute (sorry our 4 legged child has the same name:)). It looks like you guys are having a great time in LR. I have family up there and go every so often. My cousin is actually running for judge up there so you might have seen her (or her ads:)) - Melinda Gilbert. Anyway, just wanted to say hi! Maybe we'll catch you guys at a football game - I would love to see Riley!
amy :)

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday,Lauren! All those pictures of Riley are precious!