Wednesday, August 29, 2012

8 Months

 Well the time sure is flying by!

Tessa is 8 months old and she's weighing in at 14 lbs........  She is wearing 3-6 month clothes, still some 0-3 and fitting into some 6-9 month.  She is wearing a size 2 diaper and now fits into size 2 shoes!!!  Shortly after we got home from our travels I took her in for a weight check and she was back up to the 4th percentile and everyone was happy!  They said to just keep on doing what we are doing!  So her schedule is still the same...she nurses in the morning, after her morning nap, after her afternoon nap, and before bed.  She gets a 4 oz bottle around 12:30 and a 2 oz bottle after her dinner.  She's still eating yogurt for breakfast and a veggie/fruit combo for dinner.  She's now eating 5 cubes of food and acts like she would like more but if I give her more she ends up spitting it up so her eyes are bigger than her stomach!  I just started giving her puffs and she loves them.  It's a little tricky for her to get them in her mouth but when she does she chews them right up and she makes the cutest little face!



She got her first tooth, her bottom left, on August 7th and immediately started working on her second bottom tooth which finally popped through on August 23rd.  Her first tooth didn't really give her that much trouble!  She had shorter naps one day and was really chewing on her paci so I stuck my finger in her mouth and there it was!  Her second tooth gave her much more trouble with sleeping and she had a horrible runny nose!  I was so ready for that tooth to pop through!  I don't see any new ones yet but I'm sure more are just around the corner!

Because of the teeth her sleeping has been a little off!  She did great the whole time we traveled and it didn't take her too long to adjust to the time change when we got home.  Thanks to a REALLY late night getting home (1:30 am) it actually helped the girls get back on Pacific time.  She was waking up at 5:30 for a few days but just eating and going back to sleep until 7 and eventually I was able to cut that feeding out and she was back to her normal routine!  Since she had been doing so well on our trip I planned on moving her into her room with Riley when we got home.  I napped her in their during the day but the first night I put her in their to sleep it didn't go too well!  I don't think it had much to do with the crib as it did with her getting that second tooth!  She actually didn't even wake Riley up but I moved her into the front room around 4 in the morning and when Riley woke up she was SOOO sad Tessa wasn't in there...she is such a sweet big sister!  I figured once we made it through this tooth we would try again.  Well then she started a new silly thing!  When I would lay her down she figured out how to get herself sitting up and she would clap for a little bit and then she would start getting ticked because she was tired but she couldn't lay down!  Physically she could do it but it just wasn't connecting mentally!  Some days it was taking her an hour to go down for a nap and this caused her to start waking up several times a night...I would lay her down, she would sit up and get ticked, repeat, repeat, etc.  Between the sitting up thing, the runny nose, and the second tooth it was a rough week for Miss Tessa!  With Jason having an upcoming TDY I figured we would try again because I could let Riley sleep with me and get Tessa used to the crib.  The first three nights were still rough for her and then I was worried about Riley getting to used to sleeping with me so I put them in the room together and just tried it.  Tessa woke up at 11:30 so I fed her and she went right back down and slept until 7:20...a success!  The second night she woke up at 11:30 and I fed her but then she was back up at 4:30 and was waking Riley up so I had to move her to the front room and she got herself back to sleep!  We're making progress but we'll see what the next month holds!  As for naps she's still taking 2 naps if we're home all day and since we are back from our trip and have a busy schedule she's having to adapt and sometimes taking 3 naps if 2 are short while we are out and about!  She's a happy girl regardless and will sleep when she gets real tired regardless of where we are!

She started clapping this month and it's seriously the cutest thing!  Jason and I were out shoe shopping while we were in Arkansas and all of a sudden she was clapping...that was it!  Now she does it all the time!  She's trying to figure out how to wave too but she doesn't quite have that down yet!

She loves to swing at the park!  The first time I put her in the swing was one day after FitMoms and she absolutely loves it.  She's starting to get some spunk too because she throws a fit when it's time to go and I pull her out of the swing!

She is starting to interact more and play with Riley!  Their favorite thing to do together right now is for Riley to build a tower with her boxes and Tessa knocks them down! 


Well this month she is officially crawling.  She started with this scooting army crawl while we were in Arkansas and now she can crawl on her hands and knees.  She still chooses the scooting crawl because it's faster but she can do it the right way!  She is pulling up on everything and loves to be standing upright!  Coming home from our trip was a reality check because how I did everything before we left didn't work anymore.  Before we went on our trip I would plop her on the floor of our bathroom with some toys while I took a shower...now she's crawling to the shower and trying to pull up on the shower door!  So I got my baby corral gate out and the big pack 'n play and she has safe areas she can play if I need to do something!  She likes to bounce in her bouncer and will still play in the exersaucer but she just loves to be on the floor playing and moving all around!
 Eye on the prize girl!
 She's still a vocal child and everyone comments on how "boisterous" she is!  HaHa!  I can't wait to see how her personality unfolds...she is happy, sweet, loving, loud, daring, and just the cutest little thing ever!  

Here's the comparison pic of the girls!
















0 comments: